Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
Is it as confusing as a parent with child having a sexual relationship with another unmarried person?
What are you trying to say? If your hinting around that I do that? WHO, WHAT, WHERE, AND HOW I do someone is none of your business. My children do not know my sexual business thank you very much!! As a matter of fact any gal with class would not bring that out in front of her children!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Crisco

and for the record being a little boy or girl it's much less striking to see a man and woman kiss then to watch two dudes go at it.

If you don't think it is then you are twisted.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Mac

Ha ha ha , Buzzard supports homo rights. HA HA HA HA
Old 05-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Ha ha ha , Buzzard supports homo rights. HA HA HA HA
It sounds funny when someone says it.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:23 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard
If you get married, wouldn't you then be married to a married person?

To me your argument doesn't hold water. The reason being when 2 gay men/women marry, they aren't breaking up a relationship in order to marry, where in your scenario you are. There is quite a difference.

What if because of a certain sin you commit on a daily or weekly basis, you were denied marriage?
If I know the rules of the game and choose to play that way then so be it.
Yeah I know it is a "what if" question, but it seems that the ones wishing to deny others something based on a religious value are casting stones while being guilty of many sins themselves. Marriage isn't only for religious people, so perhaps the gay couples don't see their orientation as being morally wrong.

Have to go, would love to continue this later. Have a great day all.
No, you are assuming that I meant to break up the relationship. What if we were all agreeable? Why shouldn't we be allowed to marry? It is our pursuit of happiness, right? What about the teacher and her 13 year old lover who wanted to get legally married? They both wanted it and didn't see it as morally wrong so why not?

I am showing you that your 'pursuit of happiness' argument doesn't hold water.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Administrator

I'd be interested to know how "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" applies to gay marriage or marriage in general. Especially since homosexuality would have been considered a crime in the days of our Founding Fathers.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I'd be interested to know how "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" applies to gay marriage or marriage in general. Especially since homosexuality would have been considered a crime in the days of our Founding Fathers.
Agreed.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Or how giving them the right to civil union isn't a fair enough concession.
Yeah, they should be happy with civil unions. To try to claim that this is somehow a Civil Rights issue on the same level as the segregation days from the 50s and 60s is really just a slap in the face to what African-Americans truly suffered through in those days.

If this is really about tax breaks and other benefits, then it just cements the notion that this is all for selfish, materialistic reasons. Love has nothing to do with it.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:55 PM
ufcfan2

Let same sex marriage happen,should'nt they allowed to be miserable as anyother married couple

I'm at odds with this whole scenrio no matter how you cut it. One part says who cares really, we should be mature enough as a nation/world to tolerate this stuff by now. We don't need the whole fire and brimstone talk for every situation that we don't morally agree with.
The other part of me finds it somewhat distastfull especially two dudes,its just plain raunchy. Now two women on the other hand Im all down for nothing more sexy than two women.........(bleep,bleep,bleep)
In all seriousness its a complex situation to say the least and no matter ur religious view or moral views I think we need to do whats best for the whole. Lets face it ur not gonna stop same sex relationships evah so lets work it out for the best for everyone..Just remember ur personal views are'nt the same as theirs,but we tend think they should be(this could be said for pretty much anything).
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
Let same sex marriage happen,should'nt they allowed to be miserable as anyother married couple

I'm at odds with this whole scenrio no matter how you cut it. One part says who cares really, we should be mature enough as a nation/world to tolerate this stuff by now. We don't need the whole fire and brimstone talk for every situation that we don't morally agree with.
The other part of me finds it somewhat distastfull especially two dudes,its just plain raunchy. Now two women on the other hand Im all down for nothing more sexy than two women.........(bleep,bleep,bleep)
In all seriousness its a complex situation to say the least and no matter ur religious view or moral views I think we need to do whats best for the whole. Lets face it ur not gonna stop same sex relationships evah so lets work it out for the best for everyone..Just remember ur personal views are'nt the same as theirs,but we tend think they should be(this could be said for pretty much anything).
No one is trying to stop them or tell them they can't be together.

The best situation for everyone involved is civil unions and they already have that compromise.

The gay movement are the ones pushing and upping the ante on the fight. They should take the civil unions and live out their lives together like they say they want too instead of trying to further ignite the flames just so they have something to do on the weekends.

And your right we do have different opinions on the matter. I as a Christian take it very seriously. This is a sacred institution that this country makes a mockery of on a daily basis with its 60% divorce rate. HOWEVER, 2 WRONGS do not make a RIGHT.

Civil union is the compromise that you speak of. They are just too hell bent on rubbing it in Christian faces to move with their lives and stop thinking only of themselves.