Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-26-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
The rest of the world is doing exactly what they always do. Asking us what they should do.
Yes, and we're doing exactly what we should do, talking about it on a MMA forum.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Yes, and we're doing exactly what we should do, talking about it on a MMA forum.
The world is as it should be.

I say we send in the air force. Whipe out every single vestige of Nuclear capability we can find and tell N. Korea if they even think about crossing into the south we will systematically whipe out every major party member they have with use of sea born cruise missiles.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:09 PM
CAVEMAN

My guess.....there will be more sanctions....which probably won't work!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN
My guess.....there will be more sanctions....which probably won't work!
Yea. Sanction are bull****. The only thing communism understands is getting smacked in the face by capitalists.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

He wont mount Troops if thats what your worried about.

First He will push for greater sanctions on North Korea, we shall then see better where China and Russia Stand. Russia gets paranoid, if they actually think North Korea are doing anything and likely to be threatening, they will act on trying to do something to stop that thread. China might be concerned not that North Korea becomes nuclear, but that there is the potential for the North Korean Government to become a terrorist organisation...with their leader ill...if any militia are planning a coup....now would be the time to do it. This might mean the best course of action is to do nothing, and watch North Korea fall into a momentary civil war...with any luck, the revolution will use the weapons on their own government, and they'll wipe themselves out

Then South Korea can invade, conviscate the weapons, and give them to the United States for safe keeping
Old 05-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
If I risk my neck for you, will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?
you could try...

Old 05-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Administrator

I don't think most people understand just how severe an armed conflict with North Korea would be. If people can't handle losing 5000 American troops in Iraq over the course of 6 years, then what are they going to do when we start losing thousands of soldiers every week in Korea?

When it comes to nuclear weapons, I think we need to employ the same strategy we did against WW2 Japan. Strike first and strike hard. Don't even give them a chance to develop the technology. Send one nuke over to Pyongyang, their capital and largest city, and wipe it off the map. I'm sure we'll find that the surviving North Koreans will be much more cooperative.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
you forgot something else, but i guess you haven't heard about the whole "don't ask, don't tell" thing
nice projection there
Old 05-26-2009, 09:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

i'd be more worried about China, those sneaky bastards can't be trusted ... really, the N. Koreans aren't really a threat, they are just trying to stay relevent ... US should bomb China for all those lead containing toys ....
Old 05-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
I don't think most people understand just how severe an armed conflict with North Korea would be. If people can't handle losing 5000 American troops in Iraq over the course of 6 years, then what are they going to do when we start losing thousands of soldiers every week in Korea?

When it comes to nuclear weapons, I think we need to employ the same strategy we did against WW2 Japan. Strike first and strike hard. Don't even give them a chance to develop the technology. Send one nuke over to Pyongyang, their capital and largest city, and wipe it off the map. I'm sure we'll find that the surviving North Koreans will be much more cooperative.
I'm not sure you find Russia or China would be. Dont complain if in such a scenario you see Washington DC also vanish from the map.

Your forgetting that times have changed since the whole world backed your use of a weapon against Japan. Virtually noone else had anything to launch back at you, today the same is not true. Its also grossly missinterpreted that your strategy in Japan was "strike first and strike hard" That might have been Japans Strategy when they Bombed Pearl Harbour, but it was not your strategy when bombing Hiroshima or Nagasaki. For a start, in that scenario, Japan more or less acted alone. The United States didnt make a Unilateral Move in hitting Japan, the move was sanctioned by the entire world AFTER the fall of the Nazi German Forces. Your Actions ENDED a war that, for the rest of us had been going on for about 6 years by then...

So spare us the "Strike first and Strike Hard" philosophy, sinse you dont need to be qualified in military strategy to know that doesnt reflect the US and Japan in World War Two...and thankfully, your Government has a little more knowledge about the INTERNATIONAL world then you, enough to know...you dont drop an Atom Bomb on a City as a first strike and expect to get away with it.

I can tell you now. The World will not stand by America on another Unilateral, pre-emptive strike. Especially not one involving Weapons of Mass Distruction...the VERY thing you try and stop other nations doing to you, you propose to do yourself!! I'll tell you something else, the Americans in authority are well aware of that fact Nathan, even if you are not.

If you must strike first, there is nothing stopping you doing what Israel constantly does, and simply target the nuclear Stations. I'm so bloody dissapointed in you for saying what you just said.