Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-02-2009, 06:05 PM
TheConcretekid

Default Great Gifs of Vaseline Rub

http://www.cagepotato.com/trainers-s...ng-controversy

Clearly not some guy secretly dumping tubs of baby oil on GSPs back.

A quick shoulder rub, right hand on chest, left hand on shoulder blade.

Phil Nurse (the accused cornerman, world famous MMA and Muay Thai trainer):
Quote:
"I was in the Octagon and they came in screaming: 'On his face! On his face!' I really didn't know what they were saying," Nurse said of NSAC inspectors. "I see it now. In the heat of the moment, I've got a minute to get in there, keep him calm, do my energy work on him, elevate his legs and then he listens to Greg. What they were screaming at me about, I didn't know. Had they said 'You're putting Vaseline on his back' it would have put two and two together."
Why was Nurse rubbing his back/chest?

Greg Jackson (the head trainer):
Quote:
"So in between rounds, (Steven Friend aka Witch Doctor, who Hughes had as a guest on TUF) had this little drill that you do – and Phil Nurse is the one who knows how to do it – [Friend] showed Phil, and this is what Georges wanted, so we did that,” Jackson said. “But this is why we were doing it. He rubbed your back and tapped your chest; I don’t know exactly how it works. But anyways, what that’s supposed to do is get your energy in line, or motivated or whatever. So in between rounds, we had Phil Nurse do that.”

I have my Kru rub my legs between rounds, its a standard practice in Muay Thai. Careless mistake is all. Morever the commission wiped it all off. Everyone (including BJs camp) has said it really didnt change the outcome of the fight, but rules are rules.