Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 05-25-2009, 04:21 PM
CAVEMAN

Great tale, Boomer! Glad to hear you had a good time. Matt's fight was awesome! I almost did the very same thing you did when he went down from the head butt, I stood up so quick from my chair, I got light headed. But our warrior pulled it out. I was up pacing the living room the rest of the fight! We had some folks over to watch and they could not believe how worked up I was!

Sure wish I could of been there with you guys. Hope we cross paths again soon.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Here are some afterparty pics. I didn't get that many there.

Matt Veach playing pool

Our Matt winning at pool....

Matt signing Tennessean's hat

I got to meet Matt Pena!!!!

I think Matt Veach was kinda scared of me.....

Robbie

Fiore

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 05-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Mac

Awsome trip Guys and Gals . These stories makes it like we were there. Sounds like there wasnt a dull moment!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Sender, I need you take me back to the room & leave me the f alone.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:30 PM

Boomer, as usual, that was a great tale. First, I'm glad you got to meet Marcus Luttrell. I started reading his book, "Lone Survivor" a few months back, but didn't finish it before it was due back at the library. I read enough to know I want to finish it, and I think, you coming from that military background, would really enjoy reading it. But, even if you don't have/come from military (which is me) it keeps you glued turning page after page wanting to see what happens next. I recommend it to anyone.

It sounds like karaoke night was a "hit". I watched the links of both you and Mark that Ben posted. I'd seen a previous link where you were singing so I already knew you were a good singer (and dancer ), but this was my first time to see and hear Mark (Llama). Boy, can that man sing! About the Nickleback song "...Rockstar", I know exactly what you mean. I like the "music" to that song and it does get you going, but, like you, when my brain finally registered some of the lyrics (after several times of hearing it ) I, too, couldn't really enjoy it in all good conscience. So don't feel too bad.

Now, on to the fight! When Matt went down, I didn't realize that he had gotten headbutted and hit in the back of the head until Rogan said something and they replayed it. All I knew was that he had gotten hit and was down. When he went down, I came up screaming at him to "Get up! Matt, get up!!!" I told Mac he must have heard me all the way from Texas 'cause he did...get up and latched on to that little varmit. My heart was in my throat for those seconds. You could tell he was still kind of rocked once he was back up, but as usual he showed us, huh, why he's the champion he is. And then, he WON!!!

I'm glad you got the time off to see Matt and meet up with all the forum members who were able to go. I can't wait to see everyone's pictures and hear some more stories.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Tattoo Artist

Man, what can I add to that tale?? Not a whole lot really. I too was not the party animal everyone seemed to think I would be. I had to leave the after party, it was getting a little too close for me and I felt the need to start hitting things. On the walk back to the hotel we saw Nate walking to the party, all I could say was " Its freaking crowded down there, Nate!!" It definitely was an awesome trip that I will remember forever!! Meeting all the forum peeps was the greatest, only falling second to seeing Matt's hand raised in victory. On the flight back from Vegas, I told my buddy that Matt Pena was sitting 3 rows in front of us. We ended up sitting down and eating dinner with him in Chicago, talked about the fights, looked at some of the pictures he took, and just hung out for an hour or so, he is an awesome guy!! All in all, it was one weekend that I will have burnt into my memory as one of the greatest ever. Thank you to all the forum members that made me feel like family, i wish we hads a few more days to hang out. My buddy, Matt, wanted to also say thank you all for making him feel welcome, he was in awe the whole weekend. This was not only his first UFC, but it was the first live fight he had ever been to, so he is pretty much ruined for all the local shows now! LOL!! Again, thank you all, and I can't wait till next time.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:33 PM
sender

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Sender, I need you take me back to the room & leave me the f alone.

haha what? That doesn't make any sense haha
Old 05-25-2009, 06:40 PM
que

great tale boomer. i echo what psychojojo asked... where are the pictures?

you always come through with pictures before...
Old 05-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
Im glad you did GOAT .. keeps me honest.
no problem!

hey, wait a minute......what does that even mean
Old 05-25-2009, 06:52 PM
TENNESSEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sender
haha what? That doesn't make any sense haha
Senders memory has already failed him. the couple fighting in the alley matt. Very funny!!