Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-26-2009, 03:04 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake

paper towels, pepsi, and a punch in the nose I do, but I don't clean laptops!

Fair enough
Old 05-26-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Personally, I do think it matters, and they need to set some clear standards. They should be testing all the fighters before and after the fights, and the commission also needs to be checking gloves of fighters right after each fight.

However I am NOT saying that Sherk was actually doing anything wrong when he left, I am sure it was just the moment that he was caught up in.
The arena's in the MGM it's not like he hopped a bus to the other end of the strip. I think this is blown way out of proportion. IMO
8 weeks of blood sweat and tears. we can't understand the disappointment he felt.

[
Old 05-26-2009, 03:52 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
The arena's in the MGM it's not like he hopped a bus to the other end of the strip. I think this is blown way out of proportion. IMO
8 weeks of blood sweat and tears. we can't understand the disappointment he felt.
If you read my posts, I did say I don't think Sherk did anything wrong. Meaning I don't think he left because he was trying to avoid the commission.

However, I do think that its important that the commission has such rules in place, and they should be followed. That's all.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
If you read my posts, I did say I don't think Sherk did anything wrong. Meaning I don't think he left because he was trying to avoid the commission.

However, I do think that its important that the commission has such rules in place, and they should be followed. That's all.
Gotcha!

[
Old 05-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
He is in the same camp now that he was in when he was champ. Lesnar and Larson also come from that camp so its not as if it was total crap. I would like to know why he has turned away from his wrestling and decided to become a boxer. His wrestling was what made him who he was, why go away from it?

One more thing, did anyone else think Sherk looked tired in the 3rd round? He has gone 5 rounds 3 times and in both the Ken-Flo and Franca fights he never looked tired. I wonder if he is no longer pushing himself or if his camp is no longer pushing him as hard as they once did.
Either that or he is getting older and he may be over training himself.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Miss Foxy

Leave him alone! He was probably upset after his loss!
Old 05-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Either that or he is getting older and he may be over training himself.
That could be it. I just found it strange he seemed to gas in thins figth but not in his fight with BJ or with Tyson Griffin. I also seem to remember reading on here that Sherk's camp said something like he does not have talent he just works hard made me think that there might be some problems in the camp which means they might not be pushing him / trainign him as hard as they once did.