Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 05-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Josh

Default Rumors of Fedor/Barnett finally

http://www.mmanews.com/other/Rumor:-...ugust-1st.html

Oh man I am so stoked for this. Two of my favorite HWs and while I think Fedor will win I think Barnett will really surprise some people. LOL at someones skill being tested by how long it takes Fedor to beat them.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
http://www.mmanews.com/other/Rumor:-...ugust-1st.html

Oh man I am so stoked for this. Two of my favorite HWs and while I think Fedor will win I think Barnett will really surprise some people. LOL at someones skill being tested by how long it takes Fedor to beat them.
Fedor[/thread]
Old 05-24-2009, 10:23 PM
David_Banner

Barnett didnt want this fight because he said him and Fedor were close friends. Very honorable I thought. Then Frank Mir says during that Fight Club Q&A the other day "How can you be best friends with a dude that doesnt even speak your own language?" I nearly threw up I laughed so hard.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
Barnett didnt want this fight because he said him and Fedor were close friends. Very honorable I thought. Then Frank Mir says during that Fight Club Q&A the other day "How can you be best friends with a dude that doesnt even speak your own language?" I nearly threw up I laughed so hard.
Mir's a tool. Fedor speaks English well enough to have American seminars.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Hughes_GOAT

and Barnett would baptize Mir.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:04 AM
Josh

Pretty easy for Mir to run his mouth about two guys he will never have to face in the UFC. Either of which would ruin him. Dana should give him a bonus.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:22 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I don't know guys.... I mean do you really think guys like Barnett and Fedor make the cut on the list of 9 people walking the planet who could beat Mir in a fight?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I don't know guys.... I mean do you really think guys like Barnett and Fedor make the cut on the list of 9 people walking the planet who could beat Mir in a fight?

Haha yeah, Im sure Josh and Fedor are both near the top.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
Haha yeah, Im sure Josh and Fedor are both near the top.
After that commercial started running with Mir saying there are only 10 people in the world who could beat him in a fight, I had to laugh.

I'm not sure who said it, but I am pretty sure it was GOAT, but somebody said the list is actually only 9 people because Mir is counting himself. Funniest post I can remember in a long time
Old 05-25-2009, 10:35 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Mir's a tool. Fedor speaks English well enough to have American seminars.
I get that. I also see Fedor as a genuine person that goes out of his way to connect with people, so yeah, its not at all far fetched. There is also some really bad blood between Josh and the UFC so I dont see these comments as anything less then funny talk boardering on the slanderous. I think Frank is really comical, but the brass tax of his comment is really there to side with Dana, which I def understand.