Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-26-2009, 10:11 AM

Sorry did not mean to get it twisted!

Just pleased that Matt and Drew won and you all pitched in.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Dave???
Not Exactly. As I understand it, Jens Pulver is part of Suckerpunch Entertainment, and they are based at a Gym in Richmond Virginia. As far as I'm aware he's still splitting his time between MFS and Mr Hume up in Washington State (incidently, he's a Native of that area)

Now whether he decides to set something up in Virginia or not, I dont know. But he is connected already by default of Suckerpunch to a gym there. I happen to be visiting that Gym this year also
Old 05-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
and Mr Hume up in Washington State (incidently, he's a Native of that area)
excellent....i may have to visit
Old 05-26-2009, 05:57 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Not Exactly. As I understand it, Jens Pulver is part of Suckerpunch Entertainment, and they are based at a Gym in Richmond Virginia. As far as I'm aware he's still splitting his time between MFS and Mr Hume up in Washington State (incidently, he's a Native of that area)

Now whether he decides to set something up in Virginia or not, I dont know. But he is connected already by default of Suckerpunch to a gym there. I happen to be visiting that Gym this year also
Which gym is that, Combat Sports Center or MMA Institute? There aren't too many big-name gyms in this area.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Crisco

Drew's power is wayyyyy underrated in the UFC game.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Which gym is that, Combat Sports Center or MMA Institute? There aren't too many big-name gyms in this area.
its CSC, I believe. Its the one that has Brian Butler on the Staff. Not sure if he runs the gym, but he certainly runs Suckerpunch Entertainment. He's got such a nack of being able to read the characters of different fighters, thats what I love about Suckerpunch, the fighters that are a part of it, are a very particular breed, Nate Mohr for example, Levon Maynard, Patrick Barry, Jeff Curran, Bart Palaszewski, Eric Schaffer. They all have links through Suckerpunch. They dont all use the gym, obviously hahaha, several use gyms in Virginia Beach (hence why that is on my itinery also) Several are based in the wilderness between Chicago, west, towards the Quad Cities.

Suckerpunch isnt a Training Camp, its a Management Group...but It seems to only deal with Fighters who stereotypically would be the kinds of guys to get my stamp of approval.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:56 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
its CSC, I believe. Its the one that has Brian Butler on the Staff. Not sure if he runs the gym, but he certainly runs Suckerpunch Entertainment. He's got such a nack of being able to read the characters of different fighters, thats what I love about Suckerpunch, the fighters that are a part of it, are a very particular breed, Nate Mohr for example, Levon Maynard, Patrick Barry, Jeff Curran, Bart Palaszewski, Eric Schaffer. They all have links through Suckerpunch. They dont all use the gym, obviously hahaha, several use gyms in Virginia Beach (hence why that is on my itinery also) Several are based in the wilderness between Chicago, west, towards the Quad Cities.

Suckerpunch isnt a Training Camp, its a Management Group...but It seems to only deal with Fighters who stereotypically would be the kinds of guys to get my stamp of approval.
Haha, I'm sure that's how they choose who to support!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Haha, I'm sure that's how they choose who to support!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Hughes_GOAT

i will be referring to McFredries as McF henceforth.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:46 AM
chunk liddell

Default Glad drew one

I was so glad when drew won.he has got some crazy power!!!!!!Still want to see drew vs Irvin,that would be a good fight.