Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
gymcoach97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Pena
I feel absolutely the same way! Tell Chris that I have plenty of Quilted Charmin! I dont need anymore TP... I only use the best for my bum...

If you're ever anywhere without a toilet, that Cardinals hat will work equally as well. Let Robbie know this, too.

It's not too late to become a convert. Believe it or not, I once was a Cardinals fan back in like 1982. I saw Darrell Porter hit a homer and for some reason I was a Cardinals fan. Then, I realized the error of my ways and turned to the boys in blue...Cubbie blue.

So, it can be done. I'm going to keep my faith. Just imagine possessing the same level of coolness as me or Fiore. You just have to change your fan affiliation. It's not hard. I believe in you!
Old 05-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorlion
watching the post fight presser, it was awesome to see Drew giving it up for Matt Pena as well as the HIT squad.

Was not so nice to hear that MFS didnt really help him out. But great to see him giving it up to the HIT squad and Pena
I just hope that those comments don't get twisted to make it sound like Matt Hughes is actively trying to turn Pat Miletich's fighters against him.

I don't recall Drew training at the HIT Squad gym to prepare for this fight (even though he has trained there in the past). So, like Pena stated, Drew's comments were directed at Matt Pena, Matt Hughes and Robbie Lawler specifically, not the HIT Squad.

The last thing we want to do right now is start some artificial rivalry between MFS and the HIT Squad, based on misquotes and internet speculation.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Matt Pena

Again, please do not get caught up with team stuff here. I am not a HIT Squad member, neither is Drew McFedries. We are old team mates from the MFS days. Just like when I brought Jeremy Horn and Damarquez Johnson in, they are not HIT Squad Members. They are all old team mates from the MFS days. Im thinking about bringing Spencer Fisher down to get him ready for his fight, while IM getting Robbie qued up for his fight. Spencer too has his own gym now, he is not a HIT Squad Member. They are going there for training with me, not any members of the HIT Squad. Since I've committed to help Matt and Robbie out as long as they need me, my other fighters are coming along to support me to make things easier.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Again, please do not get caught up with team stuff here. I am not a HIT Squad member, neither is Drew McFedries. We are old team mates from the MFS days. Just like when I brought Jeremy Horn and Damarquez Johnson in, they are not HIT Squad Members. They are all old team mates from the MFS days. Im thinking about bringing Spencer Fisher down to get him ready for his fight, while IM getting Robbie qued up for his fight. Spencer too has his own gym now, he is not a HIT Squad Member. They are going there for training with me, not any members of the HIT Squad. Since I've committed to help Matt and Robbie out as long as they need me, my other fighters are coming along to support me to make things easier.
its like one big happy family aint it

almost any associate of MFS, or any of its offspring gyms by previous members, are people I like.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Understood. that makes perfect sense.

[
Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Hughes_GOAT

War Horn!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
War Horn!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:58 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Spencer opened a gym down in NC, didn't he? Near his home town? That's the rumor I had heard.

Also, is there any truth to the rumor that Jens will be setting up shop in Richmond? He was in town as a special guest for one of our local shows & said someting to that effect on a radio interview, but nothing has materliaized.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:01 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan

Also, is there any truth to the rumor that Jens will be setting up shop in Richmond? He was in town as a special guest for one of our local shows & said someting to that effect on a radio interview, but nothing has materliaized.
Dave???
Old 05-26-2009, 05:04 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Dave???
Hey, just because the guy's a badd@$$ & I'm hoping he sets up a gym in my town so I can train with him doesn't mean I'm a British super-fan!