Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Crowbar

Default Co-main event-5 rounds???

I've been thinking about this after every card but I really wanted to see Matt and Serra go another 2 rounds. I just think the co-main event should possibly be a 5 round fight title or non-title fight. I think both the fans and the fighters deserve it for being put in that slot on the card.

Don't know, just an idea.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Josh

I could see that or at least four. Usually they are title contender fights so it would make sense so that people would be prepared for a title fight. Good idea.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:41 PM
David_Banner

Oh yes. When Rich lost to Henderson a few months back, that was easily a 5 round fight that was cut short. I think co,mains should be 5 rounds, no doubt about it.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:05 AM
Crowbar

They're a co-main event for a reason. They've earned that spot and the fans want to see them fight. I just think with both those factors combined they should be made 5 round fights. I think we could see some really great fights. Like Josh said...it's usually guys that could be in a title fight or be fighting for one in their next few fights. I think those last 2 rounds seperate good fighters from great fighters.

I honestly think Matt would have won the last 2 rounds or ended the fight if it was 5 rounds. He seemed to start getting more comfortable after recovering from the head butt. He could have taken Serra down at will and GnP'd him.