Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-26-2009, 12:42 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Me too. He always seems cool in interviews but then the fight comes and I remember why he bugs me.

I am probably one of the only people around here who sees that for what it is, a reaction. Does it not strike anyone as WEIRD that Rashad always comes off nice and respectful during interviews?

If the Rashad is such a bad guy, why is he so nice on the microphone?

I just think the little motions and jawing are Evans way of keeping himself loose during the fight and probably a mental tactic to get in the head of his opponents, nothing truly personal or meant to be disrespectful. Some people just don't get that.

Lebron James celebrates and talks a little trash when he's scoring 50 points and dunking on everybody too. It's just part of competition, and it's not a good litmus test for judging somebody's character.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:48 AM
StizzoFoShizzo

Has Lebron ever grabbed his nuts and all that after any of his plays?
Old 05-26-2009, 12:53 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo
Has Lebron ever grabbed his nuts and all that after any of his plays?
Honestly, I don't know, and I would not care if he did. I know Ben Gordon did it after knocking down a 3-poiner against the Celtics, and Ben Gordon has always been a classy guy in the press.

Whats the difference if you are grabbing your balls or talking a little trash? It's all the same, and none of it is that big of a deal. If you are going to single out Evans for those little things, you should be ready to condemn a LOT of fighters for things they have done.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:03 AM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Honestly, I don't know, and I would not care if he did. I know Ben Gordon did it after knocking down a 3-poiner against the Celtics, and Ben Gordon has always been a classy guy in the press.

Whats the difference if you are grabbing your balls or talking a little trash? It's all the same, and none of it is that big of a deal. If you are going to single out Evans for those little things, you should be ready to condemn a LOT of fighters for things they have done.
I'm thinking u really need to think about what u just said was okay. Is grabbing ur balls where everyone sees and talking trash that noone really hears(besides ppl really close) even close to being the same? I think not,its just freaking wrong to grab ur package for any reason in sports,unless u really need to adjust something.
I don't mind Rashad I think hes a good fighter and entertaining too watch overall. I like everyone else have issues with his jukin' n' jivin' during the fight,for any reason. The grotch grab was definately out of taste and he could of expressed his 'toughness' another way.
I like fighters having personalities during the fight and after/before, and if I had to choose I'd rather Rashad juke/jive than grab his crotch, I mean come on does anyone really need to see that. For a sport trying to reach mainstream stuff like that needs to get squished.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:11 AM
Hughes_GOAT

i think if Rashad would just follow his crotch grab with a "hee-hee" no one would care?
Old 05-26-2009, 05:16 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
For a sport trying to reach mainstream stuff like that needs to get squished.

It's not Rashad grabbing his sack that is holding the UFC back from breaking into TRUE mainstream success. No, that blame goes right in the lap of Dana White. Seriously, this is a sport where people beat the crap out of each other and you are worried about a guy grabbing his junk while doing a little trash talking? The UFC has a president who's vocabulary consists of 90% swearing and he goes on rants that offend entire communities of people and you are worried about Evans?

Not to mention, he did it ONE TIME in the heat of the moment. It's only a big deal to people who don't like the guy and probably would NEVER like the guy. A lot of people do that when they are talking smack, it's not like grabbing your balls is any more disrespectful than calling your opponent a dirty word. If Rashad had never done that, people would still be hating on him for show-boating regardless, so what is the difference?

What about BJ Penn licking the blood off his gloves after a fight? How do you think THAT looks to the mainstream audience watching Sportscenter?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:21 AM

I don't mind that many people here celebrate annd revel in Rashad's savage KO but admit it for what it is, your hating on him not championing the war on evil against him.

If you want to single out bad people to condemm, then there are plenty worse to get froathing in mouth over.

Again it is somewhat ironic that those who lambast his cockiness in winning make such a celebration over it on their computers.

Rashad has my ultimate respect, i like his cockiness, all champions have arrogance and at least it is another character in the sport. Sometimes it may be in slightly poor taste, maybe it is cocky but its part of the game and part of the entertainment. To say it stops it going mainstream is laughable, see how much you enjoyed Rashad being Ko out of anyone else.

Fighters get caught up in the moment, Brock has done it, Rashad has done it and plenty others, i don't love them for it, i don't hate them for it.

Lastly, Que, not that many fighters anymore set out Hughes has the connsumate champion, i havent heard it said in a while. I thought it was good to hear from Rashad thats what he aspires to. However you just want to ignore it.

Then give Rashad credit for taking the loss well, i quote it again, "you gotta take it, how you give it, with a smile", and that is testimony enough for me on Rashad. He has dished out beatings with a smile and celebration and he took it like that as well.

That's all i need to know
Old 05-26-2009, 10:06 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Agreed Jon!