Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
he is gonna be loved even more when he beats ryoto on saturday
oops
Old 05-25-2009, 10:10 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Love him or hate him at the press conference he gave props to Matt Hughes, saying he is the greatesrt champion and his defenses is what Rashas aspires to.

I am mixed on him but respect for that!
of course he aspires to hughes' defenses... every fighter does. saying that doesn't make me a fan of him. grabbing your nuts and kissing your fist (among many other things) is not showboating. it's insulting and downright disrespectful (not to mention vulgar and disgusting). it's no different than slapping your opponent in the face. that karma came back around and bit him in the ass bigtime... or "dug in his ass" as rashad would say.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
grabbing your nuts and kissing your fist (among many other things) is not showboating. it's insulting and downright disrespectful. it's no different than slapping your opponent in the face.
Somebody is taking it all way too seriously.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:19 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
The majority of MMA fans are taking it all way too seriously.
fixed.

i don't know if you realize it, but you are in the minority. if you don't believe rashad is a showboater then you need to re-evaluate how you see things. i don't mind a bit of showboating but rashad takes it to the next level, the level where MMA fans actually enjoy watching him get knocked out
Old 05-25-2009, 10:23 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
fixed.

i don't know if you realize it, but you are in the minority. if you don't believe rashad is a showboater then you need to re-evaluate how you see things
Now he is a showboater?

You just said that what he did was not show-boating...so which is it?

I never said what Rashad did was not show-boating. I said it was not a big deal. Don't misquote me either, that's not cool.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

which ever...

Rashad is a show boater.. and IMO , very disrespectful of his opponents.

Had he not been KTFO'ed by Machida.. he would have done the same..

"Make Machid's style look ugly"... heh..
Old 05-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Faith and Grace

I like the guy until he starts talking to his opponent. Then he tries to act like a thug. in press conferences or interviews he is very well spoken.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:55 PM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake

You just said that what he did was not show-boating...so which is it?

I never said what Rashad did was not show-boating. I said it was not a big deal. Don't misquote me either, that's not cool.
you're right, grabbing your nuts and kissing your fist IS showboating. i should have said "not ONLY is it showboating... but it is also plain insulting and disrespectful."

and you're right, it's not a big deal. it is okay for people to share their opinion about his actions and you don't need to defend him every single time somebody does. (but you can if you want, obviously) the only thing that matters is that he will never be champ again, and that a class act is now the ambassador of the division
Old 05-25-2009, 11:37 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
you're right, grabbing your nuts and kissing your fist IS showboating. i should have said "not ONLY is it showboating... but it is also plain insulting and disrespectful."

and you're right, it's not a big deal. it is okay for people to share their opinion about his actions and you don't need to defend him every single time somebody does. (but you can if you want, obviously) the only thing that matters is that he will never be champ again, and that a class act is now the ambassador of the division
I never once said people should not share their opinion on Evans. I just said it's hypocritical of people to talk about class, honor, and respect in one breath and then turn around and rub the loss in Evans face. If you can't understand that, you have some maturing to do.

I am not defending Evans nearly as much as I am defending my point. I have said it TIME AND TIME AGAIN, it's completely understandable WHY people don't like Rashad, but the level that people take it to is beyond ridiculous. All fighters do and say things that can be considered "insulting and disrespectful", it's the way the fight game works. It's really just a matter of how seriously you take it.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith and Grace
I like the guy until he starts talking to his opponent. Then he tries to act like a thug. in press conferences or interviews he is very well spoken.
Me too. He always seems cool in interviews but then the fight comes and I remember why he bugs me.