Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-23-2009, 04:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I'm accusing the UFC of picking a USA team that the Brits could be competitive with. If that means they favored the British, then YES. I'm accusing exactly that. Obviously they want it to be good television. If one team completely slaughters the other, it would be less entertaining.
i have to agree with you ... they are big in europe, but want to be bigger ... imo they have given bisping easy competition all this time to ensure he wins and keeps the fans coming in ... bisping is overrated and the ufc is just using him to get more fans in the UFC ... imo here are how the countries line up in terms of mma talent

1. USA
2. Brazil
3. Japan

Somewhere below is Canada, Russia, Europe (that is a country right? LOL)
Old 05-23-2009, 06:21 PM
County Mike

I think USA vs Brazil would have allowed the USA to stack their teams with the best young talent. Brazil has some really tough fighters and I could see the Brazil team beating us if both sent their top YOUNG fighters.

I agree that the UK is coming along and MMA is developing quickly there. They just have a ways to go before they catch up with the USA. Also, USA has a greater population to choose from. Not knocking the UK, just telling what I believe.

I'll readily admit that the USA is far behind other countries when it comes to soccer and a handful of other sports as well.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I think USA vs Brazil would have allowed the USA to stack their teams with the best young talent. Brazil has some really tough fighters and I could see the Brazil team beating us if both sent their top YOUNG fighters.

I agree that the UK is coming along and MMA is developing quickly there. They just have a ways to go before they catch up with the USA. Also, USA has a greater population to choose from. Not knocking the UK, just telling what I believe.

I'll readily admit that the USA is far behind other countries when it comes to soccer and a handful of other sports as well.
The USA has a larger population...but its not relative. If it was, half of China would easily be accounted for in your boarders...you are one of the most sparsely populated countries on the planet relative to your size. Secondly...this fact should allow you more options in chosing your best.

Brazil would beat the USA...I expect the Orient would beat the USA...because their cultures are imbeded with the idea of hand to hand combat though a Martial science, and USA is not.

Now it looks like you might be able to add England to that list.. We cant be conquered by you, or you'll weaken our International Standing in MMA
Old 05-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
I'm accusing the UFC of picking a USA team that the Brits could be competitive with. If that means they favored the British, then YES. I'm accusing exactly that. Obviously they want it to be good television. If one team completely slaughters the other, it would be less entertaining.
co-signed
Old 05-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
co-signed
I didnt expect to hear an excuse from you Andreas...tut, tut, tut
Old 05-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I didnt expect to hear an excuse from you Andreas...tut, tut, tut
what is tut, tut, tut?

anyway, the show is about ratings. they pick fighters for that only. hence, all the guys with emotional problems, plus alcohol at the ready.

they want to expand the UFC in Europe and it doesn't help if their guys lose to Americans.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
what is tut, tut, tut?

anyway, the show is about ratings. they pick fighters for that only. hence, all the guys with emotional problems, plus alcohol at the ready.

they want to expand the UFC in Europe and it doesn't help if their guys lose to Americans.
do you not know what a Tut is Andreas

Bet you wouldnt be saying that, if the Americans were winning
Old 05-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Bet you wouldnt be saying that, if the Americans were winning
i've always said this about TUF.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
i've always said this about TUF.
Of course you have Andreas...what did they do...Turn you down an application or something
Old 05-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Of course you have Andreas...what did they do...Turn you down an application or something
yeah, because i feel the show is set up for ratings first, over talent, that means they turned down my application.