Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Preach

Default idiots pick against Hughes

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/1/p...vs-serra-17534
Old 05-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Crisco

I think it's comical how some people think that Serra has better striking then Hughes.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:39 PM
County Mike

They think he has better Jiu Jitsu too - just because Hughes doesn't have a black belt.

I've got news for you. Gold belts > Black belts
Old 05-19-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Oh my God, you've gotta be kidding me!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:21 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Couture picked Serra
Old 05-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Straight Right

Quote:
Pete Sell: Iím in Vegas with Serra now. He is looking better than Iíve seen him in years. His ground game is sick and has some new tools, so it will be a problem for Hughes.
But he doesn't actually say he thinks Serra is going to win.

I was a little surprised to see Randy's comments and pick, but once again Serra's jui-jitsu isn't on par with Penn's so I don't understand why people think this is some huge advantage for Serra. Guess we'll see what we'll see.

As much as I want Matt to win by butal GnP, it would be very cool to see Matt make Serra tap and win by sub. I wonder what kind of excuses would come out then.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Right
But he doesn't actually say he thinks Serra is going to win.

I was a little surprised to see Randy's comments and pick, but once again Serra's jui-jitsu isn't on par with Penn's so I don't understand why people think this is some huge advantage for Serra. Guess we'll see what we'll see.

As much as I want Matt to win by butal GnP, it would be very cool to see Matt make Serra tap and win by sub. I wonder what kind of excuses would come out then.
by flying arm bar maybe
Old 05-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Crisco

someone should copy and paste the link.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Jason 16

Randy Couture: With Matt Serraís newly mastered striking abilities and his already phenomenal jiu-jitsu and wrestling skill sets, I think he has the potential to be very difficult for Hughes. This could be a pivotal fight for Hughes, considering [this might be] his last outing. Heís a tough, experienced fighter that you can never count out, but I believe Serra will win the fight. [There] could be some interesting fireworks along the way with their personalities, as well. It should be fun.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:07 PM
rearnakedchoke

well, to be fair, fighters most of the time know just about as much as noobs .. more fighters thought the following chuck would beat rua, shamrock would beat diaz, griffin over evans, chuck over evans and silva over rampage .. i wouldn't put too much stock into what these guys said .. on another note, most of those idiots are barely pros anyway .. what about what Cote said, he probably has never even met matt ... what a gimp