Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-19-2009, 07:12 PM
jason2130

striking is a little overpowered online right now (but submission requires practice and timeing, it will all even out eventually submission guys are still learning, strikers only need to know distance and a few buttons) but right this moment there is strikers online with 1200-3000 wins and 2 loses
Old 05-19-2009, 07:17 PM
jason2130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
How is the training mode? Do fighters have special moves? Have you tried the judo style?
training mode is fun but gets a lil repetative, training consist of spar spar spar for better results but you control your guy, if ya get accepted to a big named fight school you have challenges to complete during sparring (hit 5 takes down, 15 upper cuts, and avoid leg kicks type stuff)

ive seen what looked like speacial moves, but its all still new to me to and couldnt repeat what i did after i did it

havent did judo yet, my created guy is boxing/wrestling and pulled off a couple nice slam take downs rampage style
Old 05-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Crowbar

I just got the game this morning. I just got done KO'ing Sarah with Matt

The grappling takes a bit to get use to but it is very cool!

I also just beat the hell out of Kongo with Lesnar
Old 05-19-2009, 07:34 PM
jason2130

by special moves do you mean like if you use GSP and while you in your corner you type up up down down left right left right B A select start you will here the sound of a vaseline jar open at which point for the first 3 minutes of the round you appear shiny and immune to takedowns/submission?
Old 05-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Krupp

Dang it, dang it, dang it. I need to get out of this fricken house and get that stupid game before it gets sold out. Why did I have to accidentally lock my keys in the garage and lock myself out of it? Curses.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:19 PM
StizzoFoShizzo

Why is Madison Square Garden on here if MMA is outlawd in NY, and the UFC has never even held an event there ? Is this a hint at some sort of progress in NY? It's not even unlockable, it's available from the beiginning.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:50 AM
timmyja

So pissed.. pardon the language.. pre=ordered at best buy a month ago, and they didn't have it when I came in this evening..
Old 05-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Primal Rage

Maybe im missing something but i find the create a fighter very very ****ty........i mean i wanna be able to make my character unlike the millions of others online.....can you really only chose between like 10 nicknames and such?
Old 05-20-2009, 03:44 AM
ufcfan2

I've played around with it some tonight and its gonna take some time getting used to it. As of now I'm having problems with transitioning and pulling off submissions.
I've Ko'd most of the guys I've fought or went to decision on some. I've Ko'd Serra with Hughes,Ko'd Nate Marquart(sp) with Hendo. I won a decision BJ over Nate,and Maia over AS..
When I used Maia againste AS I could tell the difference in striking for sure as I got rocked a few times by AS. I did'nt care for playing Lesnar,but still new to it,and I kindof liked Machida and CroCop ingame.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:13 AM
StizzoFoShizzo

The computer is very cheap on the ground and transitions for some reason are hard for me to do, even with a high points in ground techniques. I'm getting a massve blister on my thumb from trying to reverse transitions and takedowns