Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 05-19-2009, 07:27 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Default Looking for general opinions...

On a song I recently recorded, be it positive or negative.

It's a rock song, and I won't bother trying to classify it any deeper than that. A publisher we have worked with in the past contacted us about potentially using the song for an upcoming project, and I am just looking for some outside opinions.

The song is titled "Pay Attention, with Cash" , like my sig

You can listen to and download it from our website right here

Pretty please and thank you
Old 05-19-2009, 01:56 PM

Hey JB,
thanks for sharing that. I think it's a really good song. I especially like the way it kicks into the "Nah nah nah" section. I kind of feel that the vocals are too present and agressive in the verses. I think if you pull those a little softer it will make that jump into the bridge and chorus that much stronger. I know the lyrics are obviously angry in the verse but if the tone in your voice was pulled back a bit it might make the contrast that much better. I guess if you think of those lyrics at the beginning as the guy singing almost under his breath or more internally.
my two cents. musically it's a really fun song with a good hook. keep sharing these!

[
Old 05-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Miss Foxy

Thanks for sharing since I am at work nothing works on this computer so when I get home I will check it out and give you honest feedback as always! Can't wait to hear it!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Thanks guys, and thanks to the people who PM'd me. I appreciate the feedback!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:05 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Okay, I am going to share another song.... but a word of warning, this song is not as "happy-go-lucky" as the last. There are not any dirty words, it's just a pretty heavy song compared to the other stuff. I also should point out, that I am doing everything on these songs, guitar, bass, vocals, and programmed drums.

This song is just a demo and I only recorded it last week, so I really have no idea what a lot of people think of it. It's called "New World Order", and yes it does have a bit of a political edge to it, but I am not looking for debate!

http://highunderground.com/new_world_order.mp3

Thanks to all who listen!

P.S. - Llama, sometimes it takes my ears a couple weeks to adjust to a song after countless hours of tracking and hearing it OVER AND OVER, but after that time passes I usually have a renewed and clearer view on the mix, and I just wanted to say that you were RIGHT ON, the verses needed to be toned down in the mix, and I have adjusted it since then. Thanks again!

Last edited by J.B.; 06-04-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Stump Rules!

Cool!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Stump Rules!

Damn! I listened to the whole thing now and brother you got talent! AWESOME guitar!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 06-04-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Okay, I am going to share another song.... but a word of warning, this song is not as "happy-go-lucky" as the last. There are not any dirty words, it's just a pretty heavy song compared to the other stuff. I also should point out, that I am doing everything on these songs, guitar, bass, vocals, and programmed drums.

This song is just a demo and I only recorded it last week, so I really have no idea what a lot of people think of it. It's called "New World Order", and yes it does have a bit of a political edge to it, but I am not looking for debate!

P.S. - Llama, sometimes it takes my ears a couple weeks to adjust to a song after countless hours of tracking and hearing it OVER AND OVER, but after that time passes I usually have a renewed and clearer view on the mix, and I just wanted to say that you were RIGHT ON, the verses needed to be toned down in the mix, and I have adjusted it since then. Thanks again!
I totally understand what you mean about that. If you lay down another recording od it I'd love to hear it, brother!

[
Old 06-04-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake

I love it man!
great job!

[
Old 06-04-2009, 07:45 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Thanks guys! Again, I truly appreciate your responses!