Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
If i roll my truck over and the thing catches fire , the last damn place i want to be is strapped inside of it .
your on fire tonight Mac
Old 05-20-2009, 09:20 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blmfighter
I don't think it should be a law. Each person should be able to make up their mind if they want to wear it or not. You can pick either side and have proof on why your side is right.

I wear mine sometimes but not all the time. I would be more worried about the seat belt coming up and hitting my neck before I would worry about it getting stuck.

If they are so worried for my safety then why don't the a 5 point harness like race cars have in my car.

It gets me how everyone talks about how safe our cars are however you can die in a 40 mile an hour crash. We have race cars that are going 300 miles an hour and crash and the people will get up and walk away.
if the injuries and accidents cost money, then making it law is necessary to aim to reduce this injuries hence lowering costs ...
Old 05-20-2009, 10:32 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
Right, it may be a cash grab, but it is a cash saver also .. there has to be costs to everyone when there are traffic accidents and injuries .. it doesn't matter if in the US there is not universal health care. therefore, people who don't wear seatbelts are more likely to get injured, which these injuries end up costing money .. therefore the need for seatbelt laws .. i don't see what the big deal in understanding that is ...
Please show your research that backs up the claim that people not wearing seatbelts and getting in accidents costs the US or Canadian health care system significantly more money than it would if we did not have the laws... I would love to see it, because it don't exist.

I don't see what is the big deal in understanding that letting the government run every aspect of your life is NOT acceptable.

You have already admitted that the law is a "cash grab". So please explain how handing out tiny little fines is actually making people buckle-up.... Can you? I doubt it, because people who don't want to buckle up are not going to do it out of fear of a small fine. Making up false facts to give reasoning to a law, after the fact, is beyond dishonest. Don't tell us it is to save money on health care, or to save lives. Because it's neither. It's about MAKING MONEY.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Stump Rules!

Well that's a crappy attitude and statistically speaking, you have more of a chance dying in a non roll over then you have of even rolling over.Stop being so stuborn and think about your little boys who need a dad instead of worrying about being Mr Anti-Government .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I will NOT wear my seatbelt . I hook it over my arm to keep from getting hassled but i wont run it across in front of me or hook it up .

If i roll my truck over and the thing catches fire , the last damn place i want to be is strapped inside of it .

Just states trying to collect money . Ill go to jail before i sign a seatbelt ticket. The govt wont tell me i HAVE to listen to the radio , or run the heater , and they wont tell me i have to wear my seatbelt either .

If God says its my time then its my time , no 2 inch wide piece of nylon will stop his decision.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 05-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Maldonado136

click it or ticket is for making money and that is all. if it was really about safety then it would be all year instead of just a certain time of the year.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldonado136
click it or ticket is for making money and that is all. if it was really about safety then it would be all year instead of just a certain time of the year.
WTF?? They are making a law you have to wear your safety belts...but what?? only in...April or something

Old 05-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Well that's a crappy attitude and statistically speaking, you have more of a chance dying in a non roll over then you have of even rolling over.Stop being so stuborn and think about your little boys who need a dad instead of worrying about being Mr Anti-Government .
Old 05-20-2009, 10:58 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
WTF?? They are making a law you have to wear your safety belts...but what?? only in...April or something

No no no no no....

They just get stiffer with enforcement during holiday seasons when more people are out on the road.

And they are not making the law, it's already there. It's state by state, and it's largely been in place for 25 years.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:59 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
If God says its my time then its my time , no 2 inch wide piece of nylon will stop his decision.
Truest words in this thread.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
No no no no no....

They just get stiffer with enforcement during holiday seasons when more people are out on the road.

And they are not making the law, it's already there. It's state by state, and it's largely been in place for 25 years.
so...why are we so furious about it twenty five years later...I thought it was a new law...