Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I hope the fight it cancelled. I hate it when two people I like fight.
i'll call Dana
Old 05-17-2009, 11:11 PM
logrus

Pride Wande is dead, hes gone and there ain't no coming back. Rich takes Wande to school.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
i'll call Dana
Forget Dana...go call that Joe guy who does all the matchmaking...
Old 05-17-2009, 11:17 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Forget Dana...go call that Joe guy who does all the matchmaking...
I'll just swing by his house. He lives here in the RIC.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Pride Wande is dead, hes gone and there ain't no coming back. Rich takes Wande to school.
The part about Franklin beating Wand is certainly a possibility, but I don't think the competitor in Wand is dead. Yeah, Wanderlei may never be a champion again, but he's capable of beating anyone on any given night and I really believe that. One thing that seperates him from someone like Chuck (another guy possibly out of his prime) is fear, to me chuck looked scared his last couple fights, he looked tentative. Wand on the other hand doesn't care, he doesn't have that fear and if he does he's able to ignore it, and that will always make him a dangerous opponent to anyone.

IMO, Franklin is a good (not great) fighter and yeah he comes into fights with some decent gameplans but he's limited in what he can do. He has ok power, ok boxing/footwork, ok wrestling, and great cardio. So, how will he win? I don't think he can stop Wanderlei, his last KO was 3 years ago, hell he couldn't stop lutter who was flatfooted and sticking his unguarded chin way up in the air. I thinik a decision victory for Rich is even less likely.

Honestly, I'm not picking Wand because I'm a fan of his, I'm picking him because I think his bullrush style will jam up Franklin.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:48 AM
Maldonado136

WAR FRANKLIN
Old 05-18-2009, 05:15 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo

Honestly, I'm not picking Wand because I'm a fan of his, I'm picking him because I think his bullrush style will jam up Franklin.
I dunno, Wande is the one whos lost 5 out of his last 6 fights. One of those came to Hendo the same guy Rich took to a split decision.

You think the bull rush will be the deciding factor while I think the mentally sharper Rich will have incorporated into his game plan and use it to Wandes own demise.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:20 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
I dunno, Wande is the one whos lost 5 out of his last 6 fights. One of those came to Hendo the same guy Rich took to a split decision.

You think the bull rush will be the deciding factor while I think the mentally sharper Rich will have incorporated into his game plan and use it to Wandes own demise.
Yeah, but Hendo beat Wandi by KO & Rich hasn't put anyone down since Quarry, so that MMAth match-up is pointless
Old 05-18-2009, 06:20 AM
timmyja

I like both and it should be an exciting fight.. could be either one's night. I just hope it doesn't turn into one of those pushing and shoving matches leading up to the fight..
Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Crisco

I like both a whole lot but I'll never be on anyones side against Franklin except maybe Matt Hughes and they would never fight so it's one of those things where it's ok to say ever never ever.