Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-16-2009, 06:39 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
interesting matchup. Machida walks around at 225 to 230. Fedor fights at 230 +. Fedor is also an inch shorter than Machida. and Lesnar is only an inch taller than Machida. i only mention Fedor because no one doubts he would beat Lesnar and Machida woul actually be bigger than Fedor at HW.

and let's not forget Rashad was losing to Salmon, Liddell and Griffin before landing the Hail Mary shot. Machida has never lost a round and he doesn't get hit, let alone, Hail Mary type shots.

Tito got Rashad down
saying rashad was losing the fights is like saying fedor was losing to AA before he nailed him ... rashad was never in trouble ...
Old 05-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
saying rashad was losing the fights is like saying fedor was losing to AA before he nailed him ... rashad was never in trouble ...
not quite, since Fedor ended it in the first and Rashad won his fights rounds later, after losing some. Machida has never lost a round.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
interesting matchup. Machida walks around at 225 to 230. Fedor fights at 230 +. Fedor is also an inch shorter than Machida. and Lesnar is only an inch taller than Machida. i only mention Fedor because no one doubts he would beat Lesnar and Machida woul actually be bigger than Fedor at HW.

and let's not forget Rashad was losing to Salmon, Liddell and Griffin before landing the Hail Mary shot. Machida has never lost a round and he doesn't get hit, let alone, Hail Mary type shots.

Tito got Rashad down
is machida really that big he always weighs in really light, even under 200 in some non ufc shows.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
is machida really that big he always weighs in really light, even under 200 in some non ufc shows.
yeah 220+

he's gotten heavier since he came to the UFC.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:00 AM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
not quite, since Fedor ended it in the first and Rashad won his fights rounds later, after losing some. Machida has never lost a round.
well, he did win a split decision against sam greco so i assume that means that one judge gave a round to greco .. but i assume you are talking in the eew efff seee
Old 05-17-2009, 01:05 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
but i assume you are talking in the eew efff seee
yes
Old 05-17-2009, 03:39 AM
David_Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R
Machinda vs Lesnar would look like some of the old UFC matches, UFC1 etc., where Royce was fighting much bigger guys.

Except this fight wouldn't be 30 minutes of Machida crawling inch by inch up Brocks back to finally sub him. For all of Royces greatest, he made for some extremely boring fights. Machida and Brock on the other hand would be quite amazing.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Jason 16

Id like to see it
Old 05-17-2009, 11:43 AM
County Mike

I would gladly watch Lesnar pound the snot out of Machida. Then all you karate loving nut-huggers could wake up and see that Machida isn't the next messiah.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:48 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I would gladly watch Lesnar pound the snot out of Machida. Then all you karate loving nut-huggers could wake up and see that Machida isn't the next messiah.
I don't think he is. But I do think he's going to final take a notch outta Rashad.