Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-16-2009, 05:45 AM
billwilliams70

Default Machida: "I'd like to test myself against Brock Lesnar."

Lyoto Machida's eyes are fully set on taking away the UFC light-heavyweight crown from Rashad Evans on May 23, but somewhere down the line, he'd like to entertain an even bigger challenge -- Brock Lesnar.

Read the rest here....

I know it's a bit early to talk about this stuff, since Machida hasn't even fought Evans yet.....but what are your thoughts on this one?

Personally, I don't think that Machida could keep Lesnar from taking him down. And I really think that Lesnar is way too strong for Machida.

Later.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:22 AM
que

has anyone ever taken machida down? granted brock lesnar is a HW and is HUGE but tito is a huge LHW who is renound for taking everyone down and machida brushed him off like a ragdoll everytime, made his takedowns look like an amatuers. brock would probably try to dive in for the takedown like he did against mir and herring but machida could easily sidestep that and evade
Old 05-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Soku did twice but Machida swept him
Old 05-16-2009, 11:59 AM

Machinda vs Lesnar would look like some of the old UFC matches, UFC1 etc., where Royce was fighting much bigger guys.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Primadawn

I only know I'd love to see that match! WAR MACHIDA!!
Old 05-16-2009, 02:10 PM
rearnakedchoke

don't know how much bargaining power he will have after losing to rashad ...

oh and lesnar would beat him any which way ...dude is massive and strong
Old 05-16-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
has anyone ever taken machida down? granted brock lesnar is a HW and is HUGE but tito is a huge LHW who is renound for taking everyone down and machida brushed him off like a ragdoll everytime, made his takedowns look like an amatuers. brock would probably try to dive in for the takedown like he did against mir and herring but machida could easily sidestep that and evade
tito has overrated td's i dont put to much stock into that.... Shogun had more success taking chuck down then tito did lol..
Old 05-16-2009, 03:55 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
tito has overrated td's i dont put to much stock into that.... Shogun had more success taking chuck down then tito did lol..
cuz he was able to take down shamrock in three fights ... he couldn't take down chuck or forrest after the first round ....
Old 05-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Crowbar

If he means "challenge" as running around the whole time just trying to avoid being taken down by Brock, I guess he could maybe pull that off.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Hughes_GOAT

interesting matchup. Machida walks around at 225 to 230. Fedor fights at 230 +. Fedor is also an inch shorter than Machida. and Lesnar is only an inch taller than Machida. i only mention Fedor because no one doubts he would beat Lesnar and Machida woul actually be bigger than Fedor at HW.

and let's not forget Rashad was losing to Salmon, Liddell and Griffin before landing the Hail Mary shot. Machida has never lost a round and he doesn't get hit, let alone, Hail Mary type shots.

Tito got Rashad down