Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-17-2009, 09:34 AM
atomdanger
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Wandy puts his money where his mouth is

http://mmamania.com/2009/05/17/wande...l-spider-walk/

Quote:
“If Anderson believes in Franklin so much, bet $50,000 and let’s see who takes the money. I go to knock him out. I have trained so much and Rich won’t last two rounds. I think it is good Anderson has been preparing him. I hope he is also on the corner. I want to dare him to bet $50,000. I put these amount and Anderson or his sponsors, Ed Soares or Joinha, bet another part. Who wins takes the money.”

I wonder if Rich Franklin thinks fighting a very pissed off Wandy is going to be easier?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-17-2009, 01:45 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
I wonder if Rich Franklin thinks fighting a very pissed off Wandy is going to be easier?
I honestly don't think that Rich thought anything of it. He had an offer from a friend to help him train, he said "OK", and then all this blew up in his face. I'm not too worried, though. Rich will come out blazing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Psykojojo's Avatar
Psykojojo Psykojojo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 324
Default

I think it's stupid when guys like BJ or Anderson invite their victims to come train with them, especially when they extend it publicly.

Anyways, War Wand! I've been riding shotgun in wanderlei's 'brazilian battle-axe war wagon' for years now and ain't nuttin changing that.....unless he goes jihad on a bus full of nuns or something. Ace should be affraid, he should have nightmares about the thai clinch

I just watch his fight with Jardine, honestly I had forgotten how badly the dean of mean's brains exploded in that fight
__________________
Everything is a test

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Josh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo
I think it's stupid when guys like BJ or Anderson invite their victims to come train with them, especially when they extend it publicly.

Anyways, War Wand! I've been riding shotgun in wanderlei's 'brazilian battle-axe war wagon' for years now and ain't nuttin changing that.....unless he goes jihad on a bus full of nuns or something. Ace should be affraid, he should have nightmares about the thai clinch

I just watch his fight with Jardine, honestly I had forgotten how badly the dean of mean's brains exploded in that fight
I approve this message.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-17-2009, 03:35 PM
David_Banner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo
I think it's stupid when guys like BJ or Anderson invite their victims to come train with them, especially when they extend it publicly.

Anyways, War Wand! I've been riding shotgun in wanderlei's 'brazilian battle-axe war wagon' for years now and ain't nuttin changing that.....unless he goes jihad on a bus full of nuns or something. Ace should be affraid, he should have nightmares about the thai clinch

I just watch his fight with Jardine, honestly I had forgotten how badly the dean of mean's brains exploded in that fight

Do you really think Rich is going to get caught in that clinch again? HAHAHA Seriously,I love Wandy but if he thinks he's going to be coming into this fight and win via stoppage due to clinch brutality, he's in for a wake up call. It aint going to happen.

I can bet you this, Rich trained with Anderson for one reason and one reason only...CLINCH AVERSION.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-17-2009, 03:52 PM
gymcoach97
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo

I just watch his fight with Jardine, honestly I had forgotten how badly the dean of mean's brains exploded in that fight

Jardine got clipped up behind the ear and on the side of the head. See the GSP-Serra fight? Couture-Lesnar? When you get clipped there, you're in trouble.

Rich is a more technical striker and he's going to have a reach advantage. I look for Rich to pick him apart with combinations mixed in with kicks to the body. And if he does not catch him and get a KO or TKO, he'll win a decisive decision. Wandy is too reckless. Look at how easily Rampage caught him with a counter left hook to the chin. Rampage tightened up his striking and it paid off.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-17-2009, 04:03 PM
Psykojojo's Avatar
Psykojojo Psykojojo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Banner
Do you really think Rich is going to get caught in that clinch again? HAHAHA Seriously,I love Wandy but if he thinks he's going to be coming into this fight and win via stoppage due to clinch brutality, he's in for a wake up call. It aint going to happen.

I can bet you this, Rich trained with Anderson for one reason and one reason only...CLINCH AVERSION.
Your absolutly right, he only got tied-up and decimated in the thai clinch twice....by the same opponent, anderson, who isn't as strong as Wand and earned his clinch from the same school, Chute boxe. Throw in Wands killer instincit over Anderson's countering nature and....yeah, I'd say theres a possiblity of Rich running into some issues
__________________
Everything is a test

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Psykojojo's Avatar
Psykojojo Psykojojo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymcoach97
Jardine got clipped up behind the ear and on the side of the head. See the GSP-Serra fight? Couture-Lesnar? When you get clipped there, you're in trouble.

Rich is a more technical striker and he's going to have a reach advantage. I look for Rich to pick him apart with combinations mixed in with kicks to the body. And if he does not catch him and get a KO or TKO, he'll win a decisive decision. Wandy is too reckless. Look at how easily Rampage caught him with a counter left hook to the chin. Rampage tightened up his striking and it paid off.
you sound like your positive. The wand beating up Jardine comment had nothing to do with the Franklin fight, I was just saying that I had recently rewatched the fight, but now that you mention it, this does look fluky



I'm not saying Wand will definatly tie up and destroy Franklin, what I am saying is that Rich is susceptible, that can't be argued.
In my eyes, Rich is a good fighter, but he's also an unproven champion who doesn't understand a basic tie-up, or atleast DIDN'T 2 times in a row. A champion, who doesn't know how to escape the clinch or atleast defend himself while in the position?





.
__________________
Everything is a test


Last edited by Psykojojo; 05-17-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-17-2009, 07:14 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

I think Franklin is a real smart fighter and will come in with a great gameplan.

~I just can't call this either way.

Wandy is a scary prospect, but for his last few fights he has trained ferociously so who knows.

I have no idea who i want to win this either, i maybe edge to Wanderlei so he can get in with Anderson, i would enjoy that.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,987
Default

I hope the fight it cancelled. I hate it when two people I like fight.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.