Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default Crisis in The Commons

okay so I havent been publicising this, but for several months now, the Government has been under attack because of its policies surrounding the expenses of Ministers of Parliament.

I'm sure everyone remembers the scandle during the late Blairite Term when there was disclosed that certain people were given Titles (peerage) for giving large donations to certain parties and groups....well its just another example of corruption in our Government, that recently a number of leaks gave the impression that Ministers were wasting taxpayers money by claiming for things on their expenses accounts which they shouldnt.

The person in charge of the system, is The Speaker of The House of Commons. He's party Neutral, but he chairs all the discussions, chosing who gets to speak and when. He blocked the motion to disclose the expenses...

...but last week, he lost the war...and we discovered that ministers have been getting illegal tax reductions on multiple homes they own, we discover that they used taxpayers money for all kinds of travel, house decorating, and buying furniture and stuff like that.

The Ministers blamed the Speaker, because the Speaker allowed the claims to be validated.

The leader of the Opposition party, David Cameron, came out and said that he would make anyone guilty in his party repay the money, or they could forget being part of his party.

Obviously things got out of control in the commons when it was discussed and the Speaker tried to silence his critics. Remember, he's impartial and not supposed to get involved. He had an emotional outburst in the commons, and a day later...he did the same thing...wagging his fingers at the Ministers. He doesnt care that the minister wasted taxpayers money. He cares that someone in the government leaked the information to the press. Well...Dont they have a moral duty to the citizens of the country to expose corrupt politicians...even if it means they have to break certain codes of conduct?? When one of the Ministers suggests that to the Speaker...he basically tells he that her job is just to make nice governmental quotes...his job carries real responsibilities...hahahaha not for much longer methinks!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLVZm0g4dGY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3EG8z5tNj4

Speaker Martin was already disliked for allowing the police to ransack the offices of certain Ministers, he tries to blame it on someone else LMAO!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOWMWKdlq4w

They are hoping he resigns before they take a Vote of No Confidence

Last edited by Tyburn; 05-14-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:08 PM

What has been goinng on is disgusting, this should not be allowed to think this will go away.

They are stealing from the Taxpayer, they are cheating the system and they represent us. I have not got this angry about MP's in while, what they are doing just is not on.

This and our treatment of the Ghurka's appalled me.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Miss Foxy

Im confused
Old 05-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
What has been goinng on is disgusting, this should not be allowed to think this will go away.

They are stealing from the Taxpayer, they are cheating the system and they represent us. I have not got this angry about MP's in while, what they are doing just is not on.

This and our treatment of the Ghurka's appalled me.
don't worry, they're just taking the piss.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Im confused
about what???

Since the last general ellection we have had a scandle where people who pay big sums of money to certain political parties, get special offices within those parties...can you say bribe!!!

Then we had an unellected prime minister, who had spent ten years incharge of the countries money, and he led us into the worst recession in ages...he claims its not his fault even though he's been incharge of the countries finances for more then TEN YEARS!

Then we had the speaker of the house allow the police to falsly arrest a Minister and invade parliament.

Then we had the same speaker, create a system where ministers can claim expenses...expenses paid for by public money...except they somehow managed to spend it on their mortgages, or home decoration projects, or home furnishing projects...and that only came to light because someone leaked it to the newspapers!!

We have the government refuse to honnour and appear at the Normandy memorials, and refuse to pay for the troops who fought in those wars to return even though its the last year before those troops dispand their association since they are so old.

Finally, we have the fact that during the wars, the British called upon a foreign Legion known as the Gurkhars...they were part of the armed forces...only the Government wont let them live in this country!! they are denied the right to become citizens and yet they fought as part of our armed forces in the past

The Archbishop of canterbury says that parts of Sharia Law should become legal in England (he's head of the Anglican Church and he's promoting Islamic Law???) Then he said the Church should become dis-established...this is the church which was made specifically established under King Henry.

Ohhh...and we legalized Gay marriage in churches...not that there has been any takers outside of the priesthood itself...and yesterday the BBC made an Islamist head of its Religious Directorate...its the BRITISH BROADCASTING in a Christian Country...and their head of Religion is a Muslim!!!

You think the US has it bad

What exactly of the above do you not understand
Old 05-16-2009, 02:45 PM

And the Ghurkas are some the most fearsome soldiers you will ever see in the worlld.

Talk to the S.A.S, talk to your special forces and they feel safe when they have Ghurkas on their side.

To summarize, an Memember of Parliament/ Congressman, has a house where his constituients live, but then needs one for Parliament. So for you a house in L.A and one in Washington.

Well there are Congressman's living in london with two homes, saying its their first home after never living there once in their life and getting the Tax payer to pay for the rent, expensive furniture etc etc

Some of the expenses claims are for ridicalous things, they are laughing at us, we are seen as a Cash cow.

Mine is a simple analogy, im sure Dave can better elaborate but for me thats the gyst and i am upset.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Hughes_GOAT

that's been going on since i can remember over here.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
that's been going on since i can remember over here.
The difference, Andreas, is that the English will not put up with that level of corruption.

Top Lawyers are saying that it is probably possible to prosecute these Ministers if they refuse to pay the money back, which some are....and there is a cross party coillition going on as we speak between all the three main parties to move for a vote of No Confidence in the Speaker, who is refusing to step aside.

In the next two weeks, you could see a miniture revolution in the British Government.

Still nothing from the Prime Minister...but the Conservative Leader is pushing people out of the party if they dont pay back the money...several minister have already been kicked out of the commons

The coilition is appealing To Her Majesty, The Queen to intervene.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
The difference, Andreas, is that the English will not put up with that level of corruption.
you crack me up with that tough talk Dave! where do you think America learned corruption from?

this is what England is gonna do.....bitch and moan for justice and when that fails, take a dump, beg for apple juice and take a nap!
Old 05-17-2009, 02:28 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
you crack me up with that tough talk Dave! where do you think America learned corruption from?

this is what England is gonna do.....bitch and moan for justice and when that fails, take a dump, beg for apple juice and take a nap!
Dont blame your corruption on us. You waved us off your shores afew centuries ago.

No...what will happen is probably that the Speaker will be axed, the Ministers will pay the money back, and Gordon will lose the next General to David Cameron.