Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 05-23-2009, 03:07 AM
matthughesfan21

Horrible 2nd period, but the W is there, great to get a win under our belt, Prayers with Havlat, concussion is my guess...dirty shot by kronwal(not illegal persay, but he made the hit, not to play the puck, but to injure him, that makes it dirty) what else can you expect from Detoilet though
Old 05-23-2009, 04:07 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Definitely feeling for Havlat, that was a heck of a shot.

I think the Hawks can win, and they will definitely give them a good run even if they end up losing, but Detroit is tough team. It's been a good series so far.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:23 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Well, I was wrong, the Hawks blew it. They still show a lot of promise for next year.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:08 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Well, I was wrong, the Hawks blew it. They still show a lot of promise for next year.
the didn't blow it...they faced a team who has great talent, and most importantly experience...Hawks showed a lot of heart playing the wings as close as they did that series....Huet was great last night, and if he can carry that over to next season, I won't be as worried about Khabby leaving...this team will continue to develop and mature, I expect great things for their future...No one expected them to get this far, and they did, Great season hawks
Old 05-28-2009, 07:52 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
the didn't blow it...they faced a team who has great talent, and most importantly experience...
I agree that Detroit has great talent and experience, but the Hawks had their chance to go back to Detroit with the series tied and they fell asleep at the wheel. No Datsyuk, no Lidstrom, and they were at home. Huet looked great last night, but we needed that from him in game 4.

You could say that not many people actually thought they would go this far in the playoffs, so they were playing with house money anyway. The season was ultimately a success, and I think we can get back to this stage next year, hopefully with a different outcome!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
I agree that Detroit has great talent and experience, but the Hawks had their chance to go back to Detroit with the series tied and they fell asleep at the wheel. No Datsyuk, no Lidstrom, and they were at home. Huet looked great last night, but we needed that from him in game 4.

You could say that not many people actually thought they would go this far in the playoffs, so they were playing with house money anyway. The season was ultimately a success, and I think we can get back to this stage next year, hopefully with a different outcome!
no datysuk, lindstrom, or draper...but you also got to remember in that game that we had no bulin, and havlat was still not really where he needed to be to be effective...Huet did need to play better in game 4 of course, but lets not forget that he was cold(making his first real appearance in months), not many goalies are gonna come out hot there, and to make matters worse, he had to face a team that is great at getting shots on goal...given the proper preparation, you saw what he is capable of in game 5, I mean that save at the end of regulation, on his belly kick save....holy cow, that was unbelievable.....The D did let down it OT though and didn't give Cristobal a chance, the goal was rubbish though, joe louis have such weird boards behind the net, that shot doesn't bounce back like that anywhere else in the NHL
Old 05-29-2009, 12:46 AM
TurnOnTheBrightLights

Theres no shame in the Blackhawks loosing.

Detroit is the deepest team in the league, even moreso than Pittsburg. Its amazing to see guys they call up in case of injury come in and immediately make an impact. Ken Holland is def the best GM in the game for not only getting the talent he needs, but also keeping them under the cap in the Post-Lockout NHL.

That being said, the Blackhawks are the future. What I wouldn't give to have a guy like Jonathan Toews or Patrick Kane on the Rangers.