Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-12-2009, 12:55 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
touche'

well then the top 5 WW have all fought each other.... bring in Jake Shields?
jake will get romped by robbie and beat by any of the following hughes, gsp, fitch, kos, alves ..
Old 05-12-2009, 03:01 PM

Alves owes Matt another fight for the weight and for Matt's knee.

If Thaigo wins, then this has to be a good and marketable fight esepcially if vintage Hughes is back..

I'm sorry but you gotta take off the blinkers, if GSP wins, then Hughes will have to wait. I think he'd have to score another big win against any of the names mentioned. I don't think anyone can complain at that. Fact is, GSP beat him twice convincingly, so its just not feesiable unless Matt gets 2-0.

Matt v BJ, the rubber match has to be looming somewhere and at somepoint BJ v GSP is going happen again.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Crisco

If and when Matt completely dominates Serra I could see Dana making it Hughes vs Alves again win or lose but I don't see Dana putting Matt in with GSP unless Matt has the title.

Also please stop talking about Jake shields.

Robbie is going to rip hi head off.

Shields is not even a top 10 WW in the UFC.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:14 PM
ufcfan2

I think the likes of Swick,Fitch,Kapmann and Kos are in the mix of a titleshot imo.
I honestly don't think Matt H. will get a titleshot if he wins against Serra even if he destroys him. I think if he continues to fight he will have to rework his way up the foodchain(at least a couple more fights) and they will have to be against top tier opponants. Though I could see Dana having Matt fight say Stun Gun or someother young gun and then fighting maybe Fitch or Kos..
Its just you never know what Dana wants type situation ontop of Matt thinking about retiring. Is Dana gonna let Matt fight for title if he's talked about retiring,I don't think he wants to go thru this again as he is with Chuck.
How many fights does Matt have left on his contract as I think that will play a huge roll on what Dana will allow Matt to do?
Old 05-12-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
He's got to get by Matt Brown. If the Matt Brown that beat Pete Sell shows up it could be fight of the night.
Swick will be in the mix with another win, and let's not forget Hardy.
I was literally joking about AJ simply because he talked crap about Matt a few months back. However, I do respect his talent. He's incredibly fast and with the wrestling background, I do see him as one of the best WW in the world very soon.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
jake will get romped by robbie and beat by any of the following hughes, gsp, fitch, kos, alves ..
hughes wouldn't fight him because they are friends.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:59 PM
TheConcretekid

I think, and this is a bold statement, maybe even just wishful thinking, but I think that after a successful title defense by GSP, GSP will face Anderson Silva either at 185 or at a catch weight.

As has been said before, he has handled every top 5 WW in the UFC.

Look at what has happened to Silva when he started defending his title against the lower rung of top 10 fighters... they don't want this to happen to GSP.

I'm not sure how many fights are left on Silvas contract, but I think they'll try to get as many big fights out of him as possible, especially since he has talked about leaving MMA once his contract is up.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
I think the likes of Swick,Fitch,Kapmann and Kos are in the mix of a titleshot imo.
I honestly don't think Matt H. will get a titleshot if he wins against Serra even if he destroys him. I think if he continues to fight he will have to rework his way up the foodchain(at least a couple more fights) and they will have to be against top tier opponants. Though I could see Dana having Matt fight say Stun Gun or someother young gun and then fighting maybe Fitch or Kos..
Its just you never know what Dana wants type situation ontop of Matt thinking about retiring. Is Dana gonna let Matt fight for title if he's talked about retiring,I don't think he wants to go thru this again as he is with Chuck.
How many fights does Matt have left on his contract as I think that will play a huge roll on what Dana will allow Matt to do?
The only two guys to beat Matt recently are fighting for the title next. They've also beat the other top contenders, so I don't see any reason why Matt shouldn't get a crack at Alves if he wins or loses against GSP. Kos is coming of a loss form a barely top ten guy. Matt's fighting the former WW champ (that beat GSP). MMA math says that Matt would be right in line.

[
Old 05-12-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
hughes wouldn't fight him because they are friends.
who? Jake?

[
Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter
who? Jake?
Robbie