Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-10-2009, 07:37 PM
atomdanger

Default Dana White goes off about John Hackleman

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/5/8/...day-dana-white
http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...s-future-17379

Quote:
“Obviously, John Hackleman didn’t pay his house off yet. John Hackleman needs some money, because anybody who claims they care about Chuck Liddell even a little bit would not be making these f--king statements,” White told Sherdog.com Thursday.

The UFC president said Hackleman is frustrated because “he’s never been a decision-maker in Chuck’s career. I can tell you this: He didn’t make Chuck Liddell. Chuck Liddell made John Hackleman.

“How many great, talented guys do you see coming out of John Hackleman’s place?” White asked. “He’s no Greg Jackson. He’s no Mark DellaGrotte. He’s no American Top Team. He’s not one of the great camps. Chuck Liddell made him.”
Some pretty harsh words...
Old 05-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Jason 16

wow thats not realy fair hackleman is a trainer that builds guys up from scratch and he does a lot of good young guys there just not in the ufc and the two trainers that he he was talking about get alot of there top guys from other camps.

DANA = PISSED OFF 10 year old he need to stop getting all pissy every time he doesnt get his way
Old 05-11-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
“How many great, talented guys do you see coming out of John Hackleman’s place?” White asked. “He’s no Greg Jackson. He’s no Mark DellaGrotte. He’s no American Top Team. He’s not one of the great camps. Chuck Liddell made him.”
I think Chuck would disagree

[
Old 05-11-2009, 07:08 AM

This is when Dana gets annoying and his outburts come a little tedious.

Also if you are really Chuck's buddy, you would'nt keep doing it in the open and plainly embarrasing Chuck and leaving him caught in the middle.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:37 AM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

I suspect they both care for Chuck but have different Idea's on what's best for Chuck!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:02 PM
ufcfan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENTUCKYREDBONE
I suspect they both care for Chuck but have different Idea's on what's best for Chuck!
I'd agree on this for the most part. Though only issue with this verbal attack on Hackleman is u run this risk of pissing off Chuck as well. Regardless of Hackleman's motives him and Chuck have been friends a long time and if someone was constantly bashing him I'd be a little irked.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:21 PM
pistol-pete

I couldn't agree more with White, although he again uses very little tack. It is ok for me to say this on an internet forum, but for White to come out against one of his best friend's trainer?

Hackleman did some great things for Chuck, but Chuck grew old fast, when you fight as much as he did, especially when the sport blew up there was a lot of film on him. The light heavies in the division that fought Chuck in the last two or three years figured him out, he didn't do enough to revolutionize his fighting technique.

Unfortunately the fight with Wand was just fleeting moment although still one of the best fights in UFC history.