Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-10-2009, 05:15 PM
medic92

Default Rehasing the greasing controversy...

I just watched a DVD of UFC 56. It had some bonus footage of the fight weigh-ins, pre-fight interviews and post-fight interviews. The interview that really caught me was Sean Sherk. He specifically said in the post-fight interview that he thought Georges St. Pierre was very hard to hold onto and that he must have had some oil on him or something. So there is the accusation long before the controversy with BJ Penn.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
I just watched a DVD of UFC 56. It had some bonus footage of the fight weigh-ins, pre-fight interviews and post-fight interviews. The interview that really caught me was Sean Sherk. He specifically said in the post-fight interview that he thought Georges St. Pierre was very hard to hold onto and that he must have had some oil on him or something. So there is the accusation long before the controversy with BJ Penn.
other fighters have said this too. all before the Penn fight.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:18 PM
rearnakedchoke

this is not new information ... GSP's skin will now be under scrutiny in all his fights ... it won't make a difference and he will beat alves ... now though, if someone loses to him, all they have to say is he greased and people will believe them .. LOL
Old 05-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
this is not new information ... GSP's skin will now be under scrutiny in all his fights ... it won't make a difference and he will beat alves ... now though, if someone loses to him, all they have to say is he greased and people will believe them .. LOL
he has to beat Alves convincingly.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:32 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
he has to beat Alves convincingly.
what's convincingly though? people still said oh, he couldn't finish fitch ... imo that is a convincing beating ... alves doesn't win a round
Old 05-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
what's convincingly though? people still said oh, he couldn't finish fitch ... imo that is a convincing beating ... alves doesn't win a round
Fitch would work.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:36 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Fitch would work.
the way i see this fight going, is GSP takes alves down and keeps him there ... he could probably stop him ...
Old 05-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
the way i see this fight going, is GSP takes alves down and keeps him there ...
not if he isn't greasing.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:49 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
not if he isn't greasing.
i guess we'll have to wait and see ... i heard from serra, sherk, matt, mayhem and BJ, but i didn't hear anything from Kos, Fitch, Trigg . ... did they say anything on this?
Old 05-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
i guess we'll have to wait and see ... i heard from serra, sherk, matt, mayhem and BJ, but i didn't hear anything from Kos, Fitch, Trigg . ... did they say anything on this?
haven't heard.