Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-30-2009, 01:17 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
I got to stop you there, me personally i wouldn't bow to the Queen, she is no better than me and i am not subserviant to her or anyone for that matter.

I get what you are saying and i get the differences, i think people elected to Office are there to serve the constitients.

If we are beign realistic though any President of the United States isnt going to live or be the average american whether rightly or wrongly.

I will say that after reading through again, it is bad that he is insisting on these limiters whilst not abiding by it himself. I mean does this not affect your personal liberties, it would be my belief that you can live as warm or as cold as you like.The fact is, your the onne that pays the bill.

I get what you are saying and Obama has to be careful not to become a hypocrite but please dont take me as someone who thinks that our leaders are our superiors and we have to be deferential!
Well the truth behind the limiters is simply because Obama backs "green legislation" because it's our fault the Earth is getting hotter, although before man was on the planet, the Earth got hotter and colder, but I guess it's our fault.

It's just another one of those liberal media ploys and Obama is supporting it.

Not to say, in some cases, it won't do some good, but if I'm the one paying the bill, I should have every right to keep my house as hot or cold as I want. All that crap that I'm releasing deadly CO2 into the atmosphere and heating the Earth because I want to keep my house warm is utter BS.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Well the truth behind the limiters is simply because Obama backs "green legislation" because it's our fault the Earth is getting hotter, although before man was on the planet, the Earth got hotter and colder, but I guess it's our fault.

It's just another one of those liberal media ploys and Obama is supporting it.

Not to say, in some cases, it won't do some good, but if I'm the one paying the bill, I should have every right to keep my house as hot or cold as I want. All that crap that I'm releasing deadly CO2 into the atmosphere and heating the Earth because I want to keep my house warm is utter BS.

I remain unconvinnced about Global Warming. I of course believe we should treat the earth better and look at cleaner ways but the fact Politicians and the "stars" who sing at concerts try to make me feel bad about going on planes to travel, to have holidays we as workers deserve then thats when it makes me mad and want to say to hell with it!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-30-2009, 02:02 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
Are you really this deluded? If you are, reply and let me know before I waste my time explaining exactly who is responsible for the deaths of Iraqi's and American soldiers. I don't really feel like wasting my time if you really believe what you wrote. If you do, it's obvious that any rational explanation will be completely lost on you.
not really, but i am trying to prove a point .... obama gets called a "Killer or murderer" in another thread beacuse he supports abortion and people go on like there is nothing wrong with it ... i say dubya is a murderer because he lead and declared the second war on iraq which resulted in thousands of deaths ... I don't really see the difference .. then I get nailed for it by saying it is slander/libel/crap/all that stuff ... sure, it may be, but it should be a two-way street ... i know a lot of people on here didn't want obama as prez cuz of his views, but does that mean he is open season .. if so, that is fine, but don't pretend that it isn't happening ...
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-30-2009, 06:05 PM
Spiritwalker's Avatar
Spiritwalker Spiritwalker is offline
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gastonia NC
Posts: 4,339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikthehick
but Mr. Obama heating a room? I don't see how that is any different from the crooks over on Capital Hill and all their crap with pork barrel add ons, coat tail rides, and free food from the Dunkin Donuts on 14th street every morning at 8 am. This gov't wastes more money every day than i will ever dream of in my entire life. We are already living in a socialist-like gov't, and if people don't see they then they are lying to themselves.

the fed gov't has WAY too much power, and that does threaten the freedom of all the citizens.

I just don't see how heating an office is any different or any more of a deal from our neighbors overheating their homes, the money wasted on capital hill, or your own job overheating the building.....

Cause The President is the LEADER of the country.. lead by example!


He is the leader of the "crooks"...He is the leader of the righteous .. and the corrupt.. leading by example is the only way to lead.
__________________
It is because you chose to get on the mat that makes you the winner. Think about how many people are not on that mat right now. - Luis Sucuri Togno
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-30-2009, 06:13 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,778
Default

I just may make a "Cryin' about Obama" thread here in the woodshed. It looks like it's going to be a long one folks
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-30-2009, 06:18 PM
medic92
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
not really, but i am trying to prove a point .... obama gets called a "Killer or murderer" in another thread beacuse he supports abortion and people go on like there is nothing wrong with it ... i say dubya is a murderer because he lead and declared the second war on iraq which resulted in thousands of deaths ... I don't really see the difference .. then I get nailed for it by saying it is slander/libel/crap/all that stuff ... sure, it may be, but it should be a two-way street ... i know a lot of people on here didn't want obama as prez cuz of his views, but does that mean he is open season .. if so, that is fine, but don't pretend that it isn't happening ...
Glad to hear you're not that deluded.

Saddam was responsible for this war by his continued defiance and refusal to comply with the UN conditions for the ceasefire that ended the first Gulf War. We never technically ended hostilities after the first war. We had a ceasefire based on specific conditions set forth by the UN. Saddam was in violation of several of those conditions almost from the moment hostilities ended. Bill Clinton occasionally got bored and enforced the no-fly zones when he needed a little boost in the polls, but Saddam basically had eight years to get away with his defiance. Bush comes in and decides we're going to actually enforce the conditions, backed by the Congress. BASED ON THE INTELLIGENCE WE HAD AT THE TIME, we all saw Saddam as a threat and the decision was made to remove that threat.

If you want me to get technical, I can go back into my files and pull the specific UN conditions that were violated, as well as ample evidence that Saddam moved a LOT of materials by truck into Pakistan prior to the second invasion. Was it his WMD program? I have no doubt whatsoever that it was.

Anyway, comparing a president that led his nation in a time of war to a president who is making sure our government funds the wholesale murder of innocent unborn children is a strawman at the best, and downright disingenuous at worst. We went to war against a government and people who wanted to destroy our country. Obama is declaring war on people who have the temerity to want to be born.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-30-2009, 06:25 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic92
Glad to hear you're not that deluded.

Saddam was responsible for this war by his continued defiance and refusal to comply with the UN conditions for the ceasefire that ended the first Gulf War. We never technically ended hostilities after the first war. We had a ceasefire based on specific conditions set forth by the UN. Saddam was in violation of several of those conditions almost from the moment hostilities ended. Bill Clinton occasionally got bored and enforced the no-fly zones when he needed a little boost in the polls, but Saddam basically had eight years to get away with his defiance. Bush comes in and decides we're going to actually enforce the conditions, backed by the Congress. BASED ON THE INTELLIGENCE WE HAD AT THE TIME, we all saw Saddam as a threat and the decision was made to remove that threat.

If you want me to get technical, I can go back into my files and pull the specific UN conditions that were violated, as well as ample evidence that Saddam moved a LOT of materials by truck into Pakistan prior to the second invasion. Was it his WMD program? I have no doubt whatsoever that it was.

Anyway, comparing a president that led his nation in a time of war to a president who is making sure our government funds the wholesale murder of innocent unborn children is a strawman at the best, and downright disingenuous at worst. We went to war against a government and people who wanted to destroy our country. Obama is declaring war on people who have the temerity to want to be born.
Hey, I am not disagreeing with what you are saying .. but the point was not condoning slander/libel on here ... if there is a rule, then it should be held to every individual and not based on preference ..
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-30-2009, 06:37 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,778
Default

By the way, I didn't vote for Obama either.
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
It's the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. I've gotten used to this kind of thing from Democratic leaders.
Youve got another four years of it now
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
No Dubya is solely responsible for hundreds of thousands of iraqi deaths and thousands of US Soldier deaths but that is ok ... Obama is indirectly (but probably not even) responsible for a frozen vet and he is a beast .. LOL ... love how the republican's love to skew things ...
NOT solely.

The main people to blame include The United States (For wishing to launch an attack on a soverignty not there own against International Law)

The United Kingdom (For issuing an ultimatum when The United States approached the United Nations to try and comply with International Law)

The Soverignty of France (For using its Veto to avoid the collection of a proper vote to classify the war either definatly legal or definatly illegal, in response to Americas bad manners in addressing the UN, and Britians issue of an Ultimatum)

The Soverignty of Iraq (For playing silly beggers with the United Nations inspectors over Weapons in the first place!)

The Intelligence Agencies of America and England (For providing information that for the best part turned out to show Iraq not quite the immediate threat it had been reported to the Governments)

Now the continuation of the war, was a requirement, and Bush recognised that in the face of his fickle public. I believe he was redeemed by that action.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.