Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:10 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
so how can a poorly installed temperature limiter malfuntioning and tragically killing a vet, or yesterday post of a man killing his family be blamed on obama? is that not slander or libel then?

who knows if the vet installed it to save money? who knows if the company who hired the technician hired an unqualified tech? who knows if the man who killed his famly had serious mental issues ?
Nobody posted that Obama was involved. Doing so such as saying he was involved directly or indirectly would be libel and slander.

Let's say for example that Obama's energy legislation passes. An entire family in New York dies during winter 2010 because their power has been turned off. Then somebody tries to blame their deaths on Obama. That's libel and slander. You're trying to say the exact thing about Bush - that it's his fault Iraqi's and American's died because he declared war on Iraq. That's libel and slander! Do you understand the meaning now?

Besides, the topic of this thread is HYPOCRISY. Obama says we can't have our temperatures at 72 in our homes, yet, he's in an office that's much hotter. The man's power was limited in his home due to using too much energy, yet, Obama can keep his temperature high in the White House. It's hypocrisy and as President of the United States, he should be leading by example.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:16 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Nobody posted that Obama was involved. Doing so such as saying he was involved directly or indirectly would be libel and slander.

Let's say for example that Obama's energy legislation passes. An entire family in New York dies during winter 2010 because their power has been turned off. Then somebody tries to blame their deaths on Obama. That's libel and slander. You're trying to say the exact thing about Bush - that it's his fault Iraqi's and American's died because he declared war on Iraq. That's libel and slander! Do you understand the meaning now?

Besides, the topic of this thread is HYPOCRISY. Obama says we can't have our temperatures at 72 in our homes, yet, he's in an office that's much hotter. The man's power was limited in his home due to using too much energy, yet, Obama can keep his temperature high in the White House. It's hypocrisy and as President of the United States, he should be leading by example.
So if Obama signs an act that allows abortions more then they already are, do you feel that the blood of those children are on him? would he be fair game to be called a murderer? i have already seen people post on here that have done that and no cries from anyone saying that it is libel or slander
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:22 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
So if Obama signs an act that allows abortions more then they already are, do you feel that the blood of those children are on him? would he be fair game to be called a murderer? i have already seen people post on here that have done that and no cries from anyone saying that it is libel or slander
No, but I believe it's morally wrong especially coming from a man who claims to be a Christian - that's between him and God - he'll get his day. And yes, that would be libel and slander, but I guess I haven't found that thread or discussion.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
No, but I believe it's morally wrong especially coming from a man who claims to be a Christian - that's between him and God - he'll get his day. And yes, that would be libel and slander, but I guess I haven't found that thread or discussion.
the post right under yours Obama was called a "killer"
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/sh...=3001#post3001
i agree, it is a moral wrong .. and he will have to answer, but back on topic, about libel and slander, it seems on here that obama is fair game for all types of comments, but the minute i say stuff about dubya, (whom i really don't have anything against, most of the stuff i say is to prove a point) ...