Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-29-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
so how can a poorly installed temperature limiter malfuntioning and tragically killing a vet, or yesterday post of a man killing his family be blamed on obama? is that not slander or libel then?

who knows if the vet installed it to save money? who knows if the company who hired the technician hired an unqualified tech? who knows if the man who killed his famly had serious mental issues ?
Nobody posted that Obama was involved. Doing so such as saying he was involved directly or indirectly would be libel and slander.

Let's say for example that Obama's energy legislation passes. An entire family in New York dies during winter 2010 because their power has been turned off. Then somebody tries to blame their deaths on Obama. That's libel and slander. You're trying to say the exact thing about Bush - that it's his fault Iraqi's and American's died because he declared war on Iraq. That's libel and slander! Do you understand the meaning now?

Besides, the topic of this thread is HYPOCRISY. Obama says we can't have our temperatures at 72 in our homes, yet, he's in an office that's much hotter. The man's power was limited in his home due to using too much energy, yet, Obama can keep his temperature high in the White House. It's hypocrisy and as President of the United States, he should be leading by example.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:16 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
Nobody posted that Obama was involved. Doing so such as saying he was involved directly or indirectly would be libel and slander.

Let's say for example that Obama's energy legislation passes. An entire family in New York dies during winter 2010 because their power has been turned off. Then somebody tries to blame their deaths on Obama. That's libel and slander. You're trying to say the exact thing about Bush - that it's his fault Iraqi's and American's died because he declared war on Iraq. That's libel and slander! Do you understand the meaning now?

Besides, the topic of this thread is HYPOCRISY. Obama says we can't have our temperatures at 72 in our homes, yet, he's in an office that's much hotter. The man's power was limited in his home due to using too much energy, yet, Obama can keep his temperature high in the White House. It's hypocrisy and as President of the United States, he should be leading by example.
So if Obama signs an act that allows abortions more then they already are, do you feel that the blood of those children are on him? would he be fair game to be called a murderer? i have already seen people post on here that have done that and no cries from anyone saying that it is libel or slander
Old 01-29-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
So if Obama signs an act that allows abortions more then they already are, do you feel that the blood of those children are on him? would he be fair game to be called a murderer? i have already seen people post on here that have done that and no cries from anyone saying that it is libel or slander
No, but I believe it's morally wrong especially coming from a man who claims to be a Christian - that's between him and God - he'll get his day. And yes, that would be libel and slander, but I guess I haven't found that thread or discussion.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
No, but I believe it's morally wrong especially coming from a man who claims to be a Christian - that's between him and God - he'll get his day. And yes, that would be libel and slander, but I guess I haven't found that thread or discussion.
the post right under yours Obama was called a "killer"
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/sh...=3001#post3001
i agree, it is a moral wrong .. and he will have to answer, but back on topic, about libel and slander, it seems on here that obama is fair game for all types of comments, but the minute i say stuff about dubya, (whom i really don't have anything against, most of the stuff i say is to prove a point) ... things go off the deep end
Old 01-29-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
i agree, it is a moral wrong .. and he will have to answer, but back on topic, about libel and slander, it seems on here that obama is fair game for all types of comments, but the minute i say stuff about dubya, (whom i really don't have anything against, most of the stuff i say is to prove a point) ... things go off the deep end
Oh ok, I missed that. Yeah, good point, Preach's statement was an example of what I was talking about. I'd say it was overlooked by Nate because he wasn't arguing with Preach. Sometimes, it's easy to get zoned in on just 1 person. Look at our posts for example, lol

Anyways, what was stated on the front was only a point about hypocrisy of Obama. He's in a nice cozy White House talking about how people should make sacrifices of comfort for the better of everybody, but he isn't doing it himself. It's more like Jon Lion's father said, "Do as i say, not as i do!"
Old 01-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Max

Quote:
there is a simple way to handle this other than bashing Bush (which you know will piss people off). Just report the post and ask Nate to remove it becasue it is libel/slander. If Nate is true to his word he will remove the post.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Did he not lead the US into the second Iraq war even when he was told by the UN and other nations that he shouldn't ? if he is responsible for the fall of saddam and his regime, should he not also be responsible for the casualties that come about by it? that is not slander ...

First off the US will not tuck tail cause the UN says to..

responsible is a strong word .. he may had had to put them in harms way.. but had Saddam just complied with the UN.. Bush wouldn't have had to force Saddam's hand..

Oh yeah.. another country that didn't give a damn about the UN.. and what about our allies... that went with us..
Old 01-29-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
so how can a poorly installed temperature limiter malfuntioning and tragically killing a vet, or yesterday post of a man killing his family be blamed on obama? is that not slander or libel then?

who knows if the vet installed it to save money? who knows if the company who hired the technician hired an unqualified tech? who knows if the man who killed his famly had serious mental issues ?
No one has blamed Barak specifically for those actions.. but what he is wanting to do.. will only increase them.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:

In a word...

yes

or at least conspiracy.. again prolly too strong a word...
Old 01-29-2009, 10:46 PM
mikthehick

Two words to the heating of the oval office...

who cares?

It's a room. end of story, move on.