Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
No Dubya is solely responsible for hundreds of thousands of iraqi deaths and thousands of US Soldier deaths but that is ok ...
That's exactly the kind of garbage that I'm talking about when I say "slander and libel." This statement perfectly illustrates just how over the top and out of touch with reality the Bush-bashers are.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
No Dubya is solely responsible for hundreds of thousands of iraqi deaths and thousands of US Soldier deaths but that is ok ... Obama is indirectly (but probably not even) responsible for a frozen vet and he is a beast .. LOL ... love how the republican's love to skew things ...
Didn't NateR just make a point about posting slander and libel?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:42 PM
County Mike

I've heard that black people really don't like the cold. I don't blame them. I hate the cold too. Maybe I need to check my family tree.

(I set my thermostat between 65-69 but wouldn't mind being warmer.)
Old 01-29-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I haven't any problems with the guy being warm, we all should be. However, Obama currently wants to pass legislation that does to every house and business in the U.S., exactly what happened to this old man - puts a limiter on their energy output. Meanwhile, Obama will have a nice cozy office while his energy legislation will force businesses to limit energy expenditures, thus, decreasing productivity (studies have proven productivity in certain temperature ranges) and people to freeze (to death in some cases) in their homes.

Furthermore, there was no malfunction of the machine. It did its' purpose - turning off the energy to the guy's house while the temperature was well below freezing outside.

Really, forget about the guy who died. Obama deliberately says we can't keep our homes at 72, yet he has the temperature well above 72. That's hypocrisy and as our President, he should be leading by example.
I appreciate that but then my old man always told me, Do as i say, not as i do!

ha ha And i didnt like that i guess!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
I appreciate that but then my old man always told me, Do as i say, not as i do!

ha ha And i didnt like that i guess!!!!!!!!!!
LOL, I've heard that from some of them old guys before. I'm happy it's gone but it sure looks like that style is coming back now!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
He likes to be warm in his office, fair enough, im sure you all want the best conditions for the man in charge of running the country.
In America, our leaders aren't treated like royalty, they are treated like public servants. I can understand the English mentality, though. You guys are used to a monarchy and are considered servants of the Queen. In the US, it's just the opposite, the government answers to the people, not the other way around.

Quote:
Really, forget about the guy who died. Obama deliberately says we can't keep our homes at 72, yet he has the temperature well above 72. That's hypocrisy and as our President, he should be leading by example.
That's exactly the point, the WW2 vet who died is a tragic case; but should be treated as a isolated incident. If it had happened in Illinois, then you could make a case for Obama being partly responsible; but it was in Michigan and just shows a flaw in the system that Obama is touting.

The mentality he seems to have (we should be ready to sacrifice some comfort, but he shouldn't have to) just makes him seem a little elitist. Just because he got elected President doesn't make him better than the average American. If he expects us to do without in order to "save the environment," then he should set the example and be willing to do the same.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
That's exactly the point, the WW2 vet who died is a tragic case; but should be treated as a isolated incident. If it had happened in Illinois, then you could make a case for Obama being partly responsible; but it was in Michigan and just shows a flaw in the system that Obama is touting.

The mentality he seems to have (we should be ready to sacrifice some comfort, but he shouldn't have to) just makes him seem a little elitist. Just because he got elected President doesn't make him better than the average American. If he expects us to do without in order to "save the environment," then he should set the example and be willing to do the same.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:53 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
That's exactly the kind of garbage that I'm talking about when I say "slander and libel." This statement perfectly illustrates just how over the top and out of touch with reality the Bush-bashers are.

Did he not lead the US into the second Iraq war even when he was told by the UN and other nations that he shouldn't ? if he is responsible for the fall of saddam and his regime, should he not also be responsible for the casualties that come about by it? that is not slander ...
Old 01-29-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Did he not lead the US into the second Iraq war even when he was told by the UN and other nations that he shouldn't ? if he is responsible for the fall of saddam and his regime, should he not also be responsible for the casualties that come about by it? that is not slander ...
The above is an improper misrepresentation and defaming of character, which is the definition of libel.

That's like saying if a person was drunk drinking a Budweiser product, got into an accident, and killed a person, that it's the fault of Budweiser for having made the product.

Or, if a person gets into an accident driving 50 miles per hour in a 40 mph zone, a car pulls out in front of them and they're unable to stop in time, that it's the fault of the tire manufacturer because the tires failed to stop the car.

It's slander, it's libel, and complete BS. Any case like that would be immediately dismissed by a court. Or the case you're trying to make against Bush - it would be dismissed by a judge.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:03 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
That's like saying if a person was drunk drinking a Budweiser product, got into an accident, and killed a person, that it's the fault of Budweiser for having made the product.

Or, if a person gets into an accident driving 50 miles per hour in a 40 mph zone, a car pulls out in front of them and they're unable to stop in time, that it's the fault of the tire manufacturer because the tires failed to stop the car.

It's slander, it's libel, and complete BS. Any case like that would be immediately dismissed by a court. Or the case you're trying to make against Bush - it would be dismissed by a judge.
so how can a poorly installed temperature limiter malfuntioning and tragically killing a vet, or yesterday post of a man killing his family be blamed on obama? is that not slander or libel then?

who knows if the vet installed it to save money? who knows if the company who hired the technician hired an unqualified tech? who knows if the man who killed his famly had serious mental issues ?