Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
i am not talking about just this thread .. justify it all you want ... but there are too many so called Christian's out there that twist the Lord's words and ignore others ...
I think that was the point Crisco was trying to make
Old 05-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I think that was the point Crisco was trying to make
Indeed
Old 05-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Indeed
Old 05-11-2009, 07:25 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
nah, it just bothers me that so many people who call themselves Christian's are out for blood, kill muslims, kill illegals, kill criminals .. i am not saying a lot of these people are great people, but it is not to us to kill them .. let God deal with that ...
Did you really try to counter my point by repeating the same exact nonsense you said the first time? Are you stoned?

Look, if you are speaking about some radical Conservative group outside this forum, that is one thing. However, I have heard nobody on here come off as if they are "out for blood". You need to realize that by making a suggestive statement like that in a place that has a LOT of people from one side of the spectrum, you are indirectly insulting all the patrons who share those beliefs, even if your comment is not directly meant for them.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Did you really try to counter my point by repeating the same exact nonsense you said the first time? Are you stoned?

Look, if you are speaking about some radical Conservative group outside this forum, that is one thing. However, I have heard nobody on here come off as if they are "out for blood". You need to realize that by making a suggestive statement like that in a place that has a LOT of people from one side of the spectrum, you are indirectly insulting all the patrons who share those beliefs, even if your comment is not directly meant for them.
just debate the point and stop trying to round the troops to debate for you .. if you can't, then why even bother responding ...
Old 05-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Crisco

Quote:
just debate the point and stop trying to round the troops to debate for you .. if you can't, then why even bother responding ...
There really is nothing left to debate bro...

If you say you don't believe in the bible then you can't be a Christian.. Do you disagree with this statement?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:50 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
There really is nothing left to debate bro...

If you say you don't believe in the bible then you can't be a Christian.. Do you disagree with this statement?
i agree with your comment, but i don't agree with killing in Jesus' name ... whenever you bring up terms like "turn the other cheek", "he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword" you have people saying "oh that was only meant for certain situations", it is still ok to kill thousands of civilians in war or administer the death penalty .... whatever, like i said, if that is what you believe and you think that makes you Christian, that is fine, but I don't believe Jesus wanted us to be vengeful pricks and do it in His name ...
Old 05-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
i agree with your comment, but i don't agree with killing in Jesus' name ... whenever you bring up terms like "turn the other cheek", "he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword" you have people saying "oh that was only meant for certain situations", it is still ok to kill thousands of civilians in war or administer the death penalty .... whatever, like i said, if that is what you believe and you think that makes you Christian, that is fine, but I don't believe Jesus wanted us to be vengeful pricks and do it in His name ...
I know he didnt want us to drag his name through the shyte.

There were times in the Old Testament when he told the israelites to distory whole cities. There is also clearly a need for State punishment outlined in the Law.

I'm not sure GOD does approve of Crusades, or Convertions al la Meso-America

But I dont think anyone has been affirming that. Captial punishment for criminals is not Murder. Killing in self defence is not murder, why when Saint Paul talks about Faith, he does so using Military symbology. Have you never read Ephesians?

Now killing an unborn Child is Murder...but bombing the Mother is also Murder...Charging her for Murder and having the State Execute her IS NOT Murder, its actually fulfilment of The Law.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:32 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Can't? I already rebutted your point. Guess you missed that.

I don't need any "troops" to debate anything. You use a VERY misguided view of the Lord's message to try and label us as "vengeful pricks".
Old 05-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
Can't? I already rebutted your point. Guess you missed that.

I don't need any "troops" to debate anything. You use a VERY misguided view of the Lord's message to try and label us as "vengeful pricks".
The whole time telling us we are reading wrong when it is obvious that you are not even opne to actually reading the bible...

It seems you are making assumptions about Jesus based on your perception of Jesus instead of what he actually said

Matthew 5:18
For truly I say to you, Till heaven and earth pass, one stroke or one pronunciation mark shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Jesus' words brother.

Through his grace one can still be saved after commiting sin, however, that does not mean you do not forfeit your earthly right to live.

Galatians 5:18 (New King James Version)
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

Meaning your soul is not. One can still reach heaven after commiting even the worst of sins however, We are still required to keep the law on earth or suffer the consequences.

Why you would defend a child murderer or a serial killers right to live and cause harm is beyond me.