Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > The Ultimate Fighter

Old 05-07-2009, 11:57 AM
GnP

Default TUF 9.6 Spoiler***

Great fights, fair play to Cameron thought he would get smashed, but all be it with a massive shot to the back of the head he schooled stapelton.

Loved seeing Lester get smashed might well shut his cocky mouth now

More awful refing from Mazeghati teeth should have been removed between rounds now as the round started clearly trying to give Frank more time to recover.

Terrible reason for Bisping missing the previous fight but fair play for him manning up and admitting the real reason and apologising

Britain 3-2 cmon
Old 05-07-2009, 12:20 PM
County Mike

Mixed feelings last night. Stapleton seems like a decent fellow so I hope he still makes it in the UFC. Was surprised that Cameron was so afraid but ended up winning.

Then, I was rooting for the American in the second fight and he started out doing pretty well with the striking. Don't really care about the teeth thing. I'm not sure if they noticed the teeth issue until he tried to put the mouthpiece back in. When the second round started, he just looked like he didn't want to fight anymore. I guess getting his teeth knocked out demoralized him. At that point, I was just waiting for him to lose. I stopped rooting for him. Zero effort at an armbar escape.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:20 PM
GnP

Yeah he was tapping before the arm bar was even locked in completly
Old 05-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
Mixed feelings last night. Stapleton seems like a decent fellow so I hope he still makes it in the UFC. Was surprised that Cameron was so afraid but ended up winning.

Then, I was rooting for the American in the second fight and he started out doing pretty well with the striking. Don't really care about the teeth thing. I'm not sure if they noticed the teeth issue until he tried to put the mouthpiece back in. When the second round started, he just looked like he didn't want to fight anymore. I guess getting his teeth knocked out demoralized him. At that point, I was just waiting for him to lose. I stopped rooting for him. Zero effort at an armbar escape.
Agree that was just a realy bad night for him
its just seems that he handles the nerves diffrently he did say he is that way every fight
He realy could have gotten out of that his head just was not in it any more cant realy blame him getting your teeth kneed out has to suck. some fighters freak out when they get cut haveing 4 teeth knocked out has to be a hell of alot worse
Old 05-07-2009, 09:45 PM
warriorlion

think it was justice, after all the trash he was talking before about hating the guy and wanting to smash his face in. then for demarques to offer 100 bucks per tooth, i wonder if hes gonna pay out to wilkes????
Old 05-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

He slept in?? Thats all Bisping had to say about missing the fight last week? So much for representing England. Its a scandle that isnt worth talking about, not least because I'm not sure I believe him. One is not supposed to be Jet-lagged a week after arrival, thats a poor excuse. I've been to the United States myself...I dont think after a week of climatization you can still claim to be jetlagged

So Bisping cant manage to get a visa and show up on time, and then cant manage to get to one of his teams fights a week after arrival and cites jetlag?

You know, Cameron Dollar has been depicted as a little bit immature, but I'm not sold that he's actually that much of an arse. I think it was kinda nice to finally see a fighter say that he gets nervous, possibly suffers from anxiety and is very scared when he comes to fight. He admitted that his standup was not very good, however, after a thirty second feel out, it might have been his striking that knocked marting stapleton off his guard. Although Stapleton got the take-down its fascinating that Cameron would then choose to stand and go for a take-down himself. Not clever to give up the back position as martin did, and he ended up getting choked out. I cant help but be a little happy for Dollar. I dont think he was supposed to win that one, and whilst Stapleton will go on to better things, I reckon that it will be nice to see more of Dollar...though I doubt he will pass the next round.

Frank on the otherhand, has to be considered as the weekling of the American Team, and he's so rude about Wilks. Some of it might be to do with the fact that james wilks has lived in the US for the last decade, and so he's seen as Americanized and thus considered a traitor. Henderson explains it away by saying he's emotional, but he seems more like uncontrolable. Despite the calm down pep talk from Henderson, Frank still shows no signs of being calm. He also rivals Demarques for the swear box!

Demarques does nothing but encourage him "hundred bucks a tooth, hundred bucks a tooth" he squeals...

The round started in Franks favour, he may not have taken the centre but he was certainly the aggressor and was doing well. Infact Wilks didnt really switch on until he got flawed and the ground and pound began. But then the tables were turned when he switched into a leg lock, when they went back to their feet frank was chased, thrown and pushed, and ended up receiving a knee in the clinch which knocked a tooth out in the last moment of the round

When the between round time was over, Lester was still trying to get the tooth out of his mouthguard so it would fit back in his mouth. Bisping went well over the top calling on the Ref to stop the fight. Anything to get an easy win I suppose. Its not that I think Bisping was wrong, its just I really feel he should shut his mouth because he's hardly a leading example when it comes to being an authority symbol (like the Ref) and making a call (like sleeping in rather then attending a fight) But with Stapleton taking an unexpected tumble, I think Michael didnt want to miss an opportunity to end the fight.

But the Ref called a time out instead whilst they extracted a tooth from the mouthgaurd of lester and the round went on. It would be two thirds of the second before James Wilks won by armbar. Though Frank Lester stinks, At least he continued to fight after his tooth got knocked out. Thats something to be proud of, I suppose
Old 05-11-2009, 10:37 PM

Yeah from previous Weeks the camera's have led me to dislike Dollar but in fairness that Pierce guy would probably annoy me and fair play to Dollar, he manned up and finished stapleton who did seem an imtimidating propasistion.

He sorta reminds me of that Mike fella who was Matt Hughes top man, great fighter,, has all the credentials but when it comes to it, sadly chokes.

So i have an improved view of Dollar and i hope Stapleton goes onto better things.

As for Wilks v Lester, well i disliked Lester, seemed a bit of an idiot to me and what irony that he gets his teeth knocked out.

Was i the only one who thought it was an atrocious fight, i mean i enjoyed it but there abilities to me seemed poor. Maybe i am wrong because no one else said it but i can't see either going very far.

I dont think Wilks has done nothing wrong by being in America, all this traitor nonsense is a load of bullsh@T.

And what can Bisping do, he unreservedly apoligised, he said it was stupid, he has no excuses and only hopes that dean can forgive him. He seemed genuinely bad and is plainly embarrased.

Yes it makes him look bad, he knows that and so i don't see much need to kick a man more when he is down.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
And what can Bisping do, he unreservedly apoligised, he said it was stupid, he has no excuses and only hopes that dean can forgive him. He seemed genuinely bad and is plainly embarrased.

Yes it makes him look bad, he knows that and so i don't see much need to kick a man more when he is down.
He's representing our Country Jon!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
He's representing our Country Jon!

And so far he has been ok, he obviously cares about the team, he has been working hard. There is good team unity, they all like and respect him.

Yeah it was a huge mistake and he is embarrased, and he feels it, he feels it from USA and from Hendo but like i say he is remorseful and knows that he really messed up.

I, like the rest of the team out of patrotism forgive him for his mistakes so the whole Island as a whole can advance on the matter rather than dwell on it.

Gotta look at the bigger picture Dave, Britain asks you to forgive the Count!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion

1)And so far he has been ok, 2) he obviously cares about the team, 3) he has been working hard. 4) There is good team unity, 5) they all like and respect him.

6) Yeah it was a huge mistake and he is embarrased, and he feels it, he feels it from USA and from Hendo but like i say he is remorseful and knows that he really messed up.

7) I, like the rest of the team out of patrotism forgive him for his mistakes so the whole Island as a whole can advance on the matter rather than dwell on it.

8) Gotta look at the bigger picture Dave, Britain asks you to forgive the Count!
1) I was expecting for him to be better then Okay
2) Yes I'll admit he cares even though he only coached in the Trials the one HE wanted to win, and most of HIS choices lost...meaning, he now tutors the guy he coached against during the trial
3) Not hard enough to get to the United States in time for the American Trials, and not Hard enough to make the fight of the first guy who lost
4) We dont know if thats Bispings work, or really the unity of the group itself from the House. I havent seen an overt showing of unity yet speerheaded by Bisping
5) I'm not sure thats true of the guy whose fight he missed

6) I'm not even sure I believe his story...jetlagged after a whole week or so? Cooincodence he missed the fight of a guy bound to loose once his opponent was known...?

7)the whole Island is down two guys...one of which could REALLY have used Bispings help during the fight

8) Forgive? well its not really up to me to forgive him is it. I'm just calling it like I see it. I give props when he does well and criticism when he does badly.

Lets see how the rest of the event works out