Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 05-07-2009, 02:58 AM
Administrator

Default The thread for comic book geeks to talk about their funny books...

We don't have a dedicated thread for comic book collectors so I thought I would start one.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Administrator

I'm an X-Men guy first and foremost. I've always liked the original team of Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman the best; but I do also like the "Uncanny X-Men" team from the 70s.

Favorite Characters:
1. The Beast (Hank McCoy) - I like his human form the best, but I also like his blue & furry form. I really hate his current lion form, though.
2. Phoenix (Jean Grey) - I also like her as Marvel Girl
3. Hulk
4. Captain America
5. Ben Grimm, the Thing

Most recent comic book bought: X-Men First Class Finals #4 - in fact, this is the only current series that I collect now. Everything else that I buy is reprints of the classic 1960s and 1970s X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four stories.

Greatest comic book story in the history of comics: The Dark Phoenix Saga
Old 05-07-2009, 03:20 AM
Waiting for June 6th

I'm not a collector, but I love the fact that America now has an on-going, still evolving mythology being developed through this medium. My top five would be:

1) Beast (blue form) - as a nerd I love the idea of a smart guy whose powers make him insanely athletic
2) Wolverine - Do I need to explain
3) Deadpool - I love his humor & pop culture references, not to mention he's the only character who consistently breaks the 4th wall
4) Ironman - Again, smart guy who's got money & an awesome suit. Plus Gwenyth Paltrow was hot as Pepper Potts & I wish she was my sexre - I mean - secretary.
5) Dr. Strange - I like magic. Sue me.

My favorite power has always been time manipulation, however. I think it all started in Middle School when I would have papers & exams due (kinda like now) andI would wish I could just stop/slow down time enough for me to be able to get some sleep & then finish studying. That's why my favorite Hero is Hiro Nakamroa (are we allow the TV Show Heroes into the discussion? I mean, they got graphic novels, too).
Old 05-07-2009, 03:23 AM
logrus

I tried to name a top 5 but it was next to impossible. Then I tried to go back and see what I have winning in collections, but I have a lot of series from start to finish