Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 05-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
I blame all this on Obama ..........
This has nothing to do with Obama.

Its probably an old military policy thats verrrrrra old...I doubt they would have enforced it...except it was discovered by the Islamic press. AJ although is quite a liberal Islamic station...but islamic all the same. It has about as much quarms showing US soldiers with foreign bibles as it would the next message from an international terrorist.

Somewhere over her morning Brunch Condi Rice is shaking her head. If she had things her way AJ would have been smushed several years ago.

Why is it the terrorists dont mind being associated with, or seen with religion, and the United States shudders at it? Thats what this is about. Its about the fact the whole world has been shown an excerpt, of GOD forbid, an American Serviceman being a Christian in what can be construed I suppose as a slightly evangelical way. The American Forces are basically acting like they are embarrised of their faith. Like its something that should be private but never shown...thats such an English way of being, mustnt be seen to be religious when fighting what IS a religious war whether they acknowledge it, or like it, or not.

The laugh is...the Islamic people wont care. They would EXPECT the Americans to be spreading the news...because unlike the Christians...the Muslims are actually dedicated to their own Great Comission, even if we arent. They probably have more respect for America because she has faith is something avidly, rather then nothing...No...the REALLY sad fact of this is that America is trying to hide its embarissment from the rest of Secular West...which might frown on ANY religion.

Its her Allies which might think "Oh Heck, the Deep South has arrived in Afghanistan...better stay clear of the Hell, Fire and Brimstone." Some of the West WILL think that...but I dont see why America should care. I dont see why Her forces cant be proud to represent their GOD as well as Their Country...makes you wonder if THEY know what their country is all about. What ARE they representing if not a Christian Country??

I wonder how they distroyed the Bibles aswell. I hope for their sake they didnt burn them. That would be a very big mistake....I still wholley dissagree with them burning their out of date flags...ceremonial or not...its just wrong to distroy anything that represents good, by Fire.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:53 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
This has nothing to do with Obama.
He was being sarcastic, Dave.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
He was being sarcastic, Dave.
ohhh...
Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I blame Canada.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:47 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
I blame Canada.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYSYipouABI
Old 05-06-2009, 11:10 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
LOL ... there are no better scapegoats then us canadians ....
Old 05-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Crisco

I understand the politics of it. You are not going to win a hearts and mind war if your seen exaclty how they enemy portrays you.. They liken us to crusaders and if indeed the bibles where ment to convert(which they should have been) it would definately be a mark in the lose category with the islamic people.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:23 PM
Crisco

Destroying bibles is a little extreme they should have donated them to Christian missionaries or something.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I understand the politics of it. You are not going to win a hearts and mind war if your seen exaclty how they enemy portrays you.. They liken us to crusaders and if indeed the bibles where ment to convert(which they should have been) it would definately be a mark in the lose category with the islamic people.
Winning the hearts and minds of the people is different from winning the hearts and minds of the terrorists.

The Enemy portrays you as a weak character because you have no strong Faith, thats why they think they can stomp all over you. They would understand you if you had strong faith...they would still dissagree, and still war, but it would be on the level where they could understand your purpose and mission.

I'm afraid this is why the US is better and tearing down, then rebuilding. using the military to tear down is easy. But as far as the command is concerned that seems to be the extent to the Military purpose....no wonder they arent winning hearts and minds. Keeping a presence once fighting has ceased wont suddenly make the people warm to you...and supporting Islam...even conventional, unradical, normal Islam...isnt really acceptable if what you represent is GOD.

So what better way then to act as Christians? to try and offer hope? to a race thats been oppressed by radicalism....Evidently....thats a step to far for the armed wing of Christondoms last true vestige

Tiz a shame
Old 05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Winning the hearts and minds of the people is different from winning the hearts and minds of the terrorists.

The Enemy portrays you as a weak character because you have no strong Faith, thats why they think they can stomp all over you. They would understand you if you had strong faith...they would still dissagree, and still war, but it would be on the level where they could understand your purpose and mission.

I'm afraid this is why the US is better and tearing down, then rebuilding. using the military to tear down is easy. But as far as the command is concerned that seems to be the extent to the Military purpose....no wonder they arent winning hearts and minds. Keeping a presence once fighting has ceased wont suddenly make the people warm to you...and supporting Islam...even conventional, unradical, normal Islam...isnt really acceptable if what you represent is GOD.

So what better way then to act as Christians? to try and offer hope? to a race thats been oppressed by radicalism....Evidently....thats a step to far for the armed wing of Christondoms last true vestige

Tiz a shame
Acting like a Christian in a muslim land while we blow up their homes will not win us any support.

THEY HATE CHRISTIANITY.

There is no winning over the terrorists. The best we can hope for is to stop the people from supporting them and eventually we may be able to whipe them out.

However

Our support of Israel and the fact that we do not follow the Sharia law will forever burden us with war.

Nothing good will come out of that region and there will be war until the end times.