Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 05-07-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I think you're forgetting that Matt has a life outside of Fighting...Thats what makes his legacy so special. He's not one of these Fighters who does nothing but fight, and thinks of nothing but MMA. He's not one of the guys who will crumble when they can no longer compete because who they are is identified by what they do in the Octagon.

You have to remember, for Matt this is more of a Hobby then it is the Career of his Life. He also is a farmer, and he also runs his own gym...His legacy has surpassed so many...and yet he NEVER set out to create one in the first place...thats whats so ironic...with all the others focused on nothing but creating a legacy.

For Hughes is simply just happened that way, and whilst it lasts its brilliant, and once its over he can move on without a tear.

In many ways, I reckon lots of the Other Fighters who have recently been blathering about holding multiple belts are so desperate its...a little bit tragic. THAT is unlucky...unlucky that two guys, Georges Saint Pierre, and Baby Jay Penn, and Anderson Silva even...who dedicate their whole life to nothing but MMA...combined cant manage to create what Hughes did in a hobby almost by accident.

Besides...Whose counting Hughes out? I mean, after he has smushed Serra, he might yet go to fight GSP, or Thiago Alves for the title...and then would he not be in a position to challenge Anderson Silva? Just think...two more years, perhaps, six more fights...and He'd retire with Two belts, the first and only to hold two consecutive at the same time. Have Avenged Alves, Have Beaten Georges Saint Pierre for the Title, have maybe defended it after that also. Perhaps had a warm up fight in Middleweight, before smushing Silva, and then possibly defending...and so would have had THREE Reigns with defences in the Welterweight Division, and One further reign with defending in the Middleweight division.

We dont know what might happen after Serra gets smushed...or as this isnt probably that huge a deal...he may just retire on a win...people seem to think he has something to gain, or something to lose...Truth is he has neither...His Legacy stands no matter what now, perhaps it can be extended, perhaps he doesnt feel the need. who knows...but I wouldnt say its Unlucky

Thats not the point, Matt's legacy has been won by his hard work!

BUT Riggs ruined one title defense, Serra got injured and upset another surety that Matt would hold the Title again.

Just saying that had Franklin lost, Matt i swear would of beaten Tanner.

It doesnnt matter because Matt has one of the best legacies out there, but if it were not for outside forces he could have beenn more enhanced.

Not sayinng it will upset him or bother him, just saying with a little extra he could have had more.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

FYI: when Matt beats sarah, he'll take co-ownership of yet another UFC record: most wins in the Octagon (tied with Chuck at 16).
Old 05-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
FYI: when Matt beats sarah, he'll take co-ownership of yet another UFC record: most wins in the Octagon (tied with Chuck at 16).
Shutup! I just love facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I just grew another wrinkle on my brain!! yaaaahhh!!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Shutup! I just love facts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I just grew another wrinkle on my brain!! yaaaahhh!!
I just gave Melissa a brain-gasm!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Thats not the point, Matt's legacy has been won by his hard work!

BUT Riggs ruined one title defense, Serra got injured and upset another surety that Matt would hold the Title again.

Just saying that had Franklin lost, Matt i swear would of beaten Tanner.

It doesnnt matter because Matt has one of the best legacies out there, but if it were not for outside forces he could have beenn more enhanced.

Not sayinng it will upset him or bother him, just saying with a little extra he could have had more.
The thing is, we dont know what would have happened if any one of those factors had been different...forget Joe Riggs, he wasnt supposed to be fighting Matt Hughes anyway...it was Karo Parisyan...now if HE hadnt hurt himself, Matt may well have blown through him AND Joe Riggs

Noone has it perfect
Old 05-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Miss Foxy

I don't think unlucky and MH belong in the same sentence. This thread keeps throwing me off. I wanna attack then I remember no one is bashing the fellow..
Old 05-07-2009, 09:36 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
I think you're forgetting that Matt has a life outside of Fighting...Thats what makes his legacy so special. He's not one of these Fighters who does nothing but fight, and thinks of nothing but MMA. He's not one of the guys who will crumble when they can no longer compete because who they are is identified by what they do in the Octagon.

You have to remember, for Matt this is more of a Hobby then it is the Career of his Life. He also is a farmer, and he also runs his own gym...His legacy has surpassed so many...and yet he NEVER set out to create one in the first place...thats whats so ironic...with all the others focused on nothing but creating a legacy.

For Hughes is simply just happened that way, and whilst it lasts its brilliant, and once its over he can move on without a tear.

In many ways, I reckon lots of the Other Fighters who have recently been blathering about holding multiple belts are so desperate its...a little bit tragic. THAT is unlucky...unlucky that two guys, Georges Saint Pierre, and Baby Jay Penn, and Anderson Silva even...who dedicate their whole life to nothing but MMA...combined cant manage to create what Hughes did in a hobby almost by accident.

Besides...Whose counting Hughes out? I mean, after he has smushed Serra, he might yet go to fight GSP, or Thiago Alves for the title...and then would he not be in a position to challenge Anderson Silva? Just think...two more years, perhaps, six more fights...and He'd retire with Two belts, the first and only to hold two consecutive at the same time. Have Avenged Alves, Have Beaten Georges Saint Pierre for the Title, have maybe defended it after that also. Perhaps had a warm up fight in Middleweight, before smushing Silva, and then possibly defending...and so would have had THREE Reigns with defences in the Welterweight Division, and One further reign with defending in the Middleweight division.

We dont know what might happen after Serra gets smushed...or as this isnt probably that huge a deal...he may just retire on a win...people seem to think he has something to gain, or something to lose...Truth is he has neither...His Legacy stands no matter what now, perhaps it can be extended, perhaps he doesnt feel the need. who knows...but I wouldnt say its Unlucky
after this he should go down to LW and take The Fraudigy's belt
Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 PM
logrus

What if Hughes never pulled off one of the greatest come backs in UFC history when he survived a knee shoot and a gound attack to beat Trigg. You guys talkin bout Riggs and Gracie, and Serra, though I would throw that in there.

WHAT IF Matt Hughes lost to Trigg !!??!!
Old 05-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Stump Rules!

Something we'll never have to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
What if Hughes never pulled off one of the greatest come backs in UFC history when he survived a knee shoot and a gound attack to beat Trigg. You guys talkin bout Riggs and Gracie, and Serra, though I would throw that in there.

WHAT IF Matt Hughes lost to Trigg !!??!!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 05-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
Something we'll never have to think about.
INDEED