Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-05-2009, 05:30 PM
maxumII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
I think he is doing fine with his "usual jabs." If you want boxing watch boxing. Seriously seems like your over analyzing his fighting style. I personally favor his takedowns and GnP!! Just my opinion.
How many takedowns and GnP have you seen in his last 3 out of 4 fights? That's where the "boxing" comes in, to set up the takedown. Tell me how you think he is "doing fine"? Or am I over analyzing?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxumII
How many takedowns and GnP have you seen in his last 3 out of 4 fights? That's where the "boxing" comes in, to set up the takedown. Tell me how you think he is "doing fine"? Or am I over analyzing?
No *hit shirlock really he has to use boxing to take people down? OMG thanks for the news flash...I just think its retarded for a comment to be made that he needs new coaches and blah blah. Im not going to debate any further, because its gonna get ugly!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Crisco

Quote:
You actually are over analyzing and watch your mouth when you talk about Matt on his forum.

All you new comers come in like you know something about Matt and his training, His last few fights went down with special circumstance THAT IS ALL.

Matt is training HARD for this fight.

Don't be surprised if he throws Serra over the cage.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
You actually are over analyzing and watch your mouth when you talk about Matt on this forum.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I've said it before and I'll say it again Matt is a MUCH better striker then he gets credit for.

He is crisp, can kick and does know how to put a combo together.

Try watching Hughes footage instead of repeating what has been said over and over.

Matt is a good level striker but his bread and butter was the TD and GNP. He used his striking to further that goal.
I agree Matt is a good striker but he is not one of the top strikers in the div. Some people seem to think that in order to be a good striker you have to be on of the best in the div and this is not true.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
I agree Matt is a good striker but he is not one of the top strikers in the div. Some people seem to think that in order to be a good striker you have to be on of the best in the div and this is not true.
No one said he was the best striker at all so how does that justify firing his boxing coach? Truth is no one wants to hear any criticism about his/her favorite fighter. Im sure you can agree being that 90% of your posts you get wet over anyone saying stuff about BJ. So I take it personal considering I am on my favorite fighters forum to support him not to nit-pick him. If I want that I can go to an anti-Hughes forum.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:01 PM
maxumII

Quote:
No *hit shirlock really he has to use boxing to take people down? OMG thanks for the news flash...I just think its retarded for a comment to be made that he needs new coaches and blah blah. Im not going to debate any further, because its gonna get ugly!
But it's ok to say ANYONE else could benefit from new/additional coaches? All I'm saying is maybe Matt could benefit from the same since the competition is so strong and well rounded. No need for it to get ugly. It's just an opinion, not a suggestion.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
But it's ok to say ANYONE else could benefit from new/additional coaches? All I'm saying is maybe Matt could benefit from the same since the competition is so strong and well rounded. No need for it to get ugly. It's just an opinion, not a suggestion.
Its ok to say that if your on a general MMA forum, but your not your on Matt Hughes forum so keep in mind a lot of his fans are extremely loyal and will come on attack. I speak for myself especiallY!
Old 05-05-2009, 06:13 PM
maxumII

Quote:
Its ok to say that if your on a general MMA forum, but your not your on Matt Hughes forum so keep in mind a lot of his fans are extremely loyal and will come on attack. I speak for myself especiallY!
I see what you're saying and I am a Hughes fan as well, which is why I shared my opinion. It was in no way meant to be disrespectful towards Matt.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
I see what you're saying and I am a Hughes fan as well, which is why I shared my opinion. It was in no way meant to be disrespectful towards Matt.
Cool and I apologize for being crazy.. LOL.