Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 05-04-2009, 09:48 PM
TheConcretekid

Default Fedor Chant At UFC 100

Quote:
This site's purpose is to help inspire people to chant 'Fedor' during the Brock Lesnar / Frank Mir fight during UFC 100. The fact is that since Fedor has 7 victories over 5 UFC Heavyweight Champions (Noguiera(2x), Coleman (2x), Randleman, Tim Sylvia, and Andre Arlovski), anybody who owns the UFC Title will be a paper champion until they fight Fedor. It is important that at the UFC's most heralded event, UFC 100, the viewers learn who the real undisputed heavyweight champion is.
Quote:
The greatest fighter in the history of the world, Fedor Emelianenko, is shunned by the UFC. They refuse to negotiate with him, calling him and his managers, "crazy Russians".
An alright concept - recognizing Fedor
Pretty disrespectful - implying that Mir is a Paper Champion, rather than a legend of the sport
Misses the point - Dana White and the UFC haven't "shunned" Fedor, they have their terms (exclusivity) and Fedor/his management have theirs (samba tourneys and sports stadiums)

Will be interesting to see the response.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
Pretty disrespectful - implying that Mir is a Paper Champion, rather than a legend of the sport
Misses the point - Dana White and the UFC haven't "shunned" Fedor, they have their terms (exclusivity) and Fedor/his management have theirs (samba tourneys and sports stadiums)

You would call Mir a legend of the sport?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
cheachea

I was just going to say this would be awesome if people actually chant Fedor.

Last edited by cheachea; 05-04-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
You would call Mir a legend of the sport?
I mean, he's not going to be what Matt and Randy are going to be, or what the Gracie's are... but he was a state champ, a BJJ black belt, a former Heavyweight Champ, he snap Sylvia's nearly effortlessly and, 10 years into his career*, he's amassing his most impressive fights/victories; being the only person to stop Lesnar** and completely tooling Big Nog.

He at least deserves some respect, more than being called a paper champion

*And after his gnarly accident
**I know that Lesnar has only has 4 fights, but 2 of them were against former Heavyweight Champions, and Herring is pretty beastly, and his first fight ever was a pro bout, which is never easy. Plus we all know he was a sick collegiate wrestler.

Last edited by TheConcretekid; 05-04-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I mean, he's not going to be what Matt and Randy are going to be, or what the Gracie's are... but he was a state champ, a BJJ black belt, a former Heavyweight Champ, he snap Sylvia's nearly effortlessly and, 10 years into his career*, he's amassing his most impressive fights/victories; being the only person to stop Lesnar** and completely tooling Big Nog.

He at least deserves some respect, more than being called a paper champion

*And after his gnarly accident
**I know that Lesnar has only has 4 fights, but 2 of them were against former Heavyweight Champions, and Herring is pretty beastly, and his first fight ever was a pro bout, which is never easy. Plus we all know he was a sick collegiate wrestler.
Respect for showing some fortitude after the accident and pushing through some serious injuries to get his career back on track. however, as of now, he's no legend in MMA. Recently he beat a crippled big nog and heelhooked a noob that was about to pound his face threw the mat, hell he was hand fed to brock because they were hoping to use a victory over a named fighter to further hype Brock, they were basically sacraficing Mir

And for the record, he's a stinky color commentator, he might actually be decent if he wasn't such a puppet and tool

Old 05-05-2009, 07:50 PM

often times I will chant Fedor in my house while eating dinner or surfing the interwebs, it's my goozfraba

Old 05-05-2009, 08:05 PM
CAVEMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo
often times I will chant Fedor in my house while eating dinner or surfing the interwebs, it's my goozfraba

Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Miss Foxy

I like Fedor without a doubt!! Considering he is my sons 2nd favorite fighter I have nothing but love for him. However I feel this is disrespectful for the fighters on UFC 100 card. Just my opinion.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykojojo
+ Juan
Old 05-06-2009, 09:59 AM
StizzoFoShizzo

Quote:

Plus juan