Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-05-2009, 03:28 AM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
There was never a unification fight between the UFC and PRIDE HW belts because Fedor was the PRIDE HW champ. With that being said, no UFC champ is a paper champ.
*facepalm* my fault.... I don't know how I made that mistake
Old 05-05-2009, 04:15 AM
que

if the crowd does chant his name, joe rogan WILL talk about it on air. that = millions of people hearing about fedor for the first time and wondering who is this mythological "fedor" from the other side of the world that everyone is chanting for. it will create interest. just another small step in the big picture
Old 05-05-2009, 04:17 AM
StizzoFoShizzo

On paper, Fedor is THE best HW hands down. But this is mma we're talking about and he could lose to anyone at any time. Imagine if he went to the ufc and lost? Dana and all his Kool aid drinking zombies would be all "I told you he was overrated" and IMO he wouldn't get the respect he deserves. If his 1st legitimate loss happens in the UFC, we'll never hear the end of it from Dana.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:24 AM
Hughes_GOAT

they will put it on a 10 sec delay so no one hears it!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:53 PM
TheConcretekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
they will put it on a 10 sec delay so no one hears it!
UFC 100 is still 3 months out... and this guys goal was to have this thing 'go viral' which by definition gives it a 2 month lifespan... so if it does stay alive until UFC 100 it probably won't last more than 10 seconds.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:07 PM
TheConcretekid

just read a funny comment on the UG... and i'm going to steal it:

Quote:
Mike Goldberg: The crowd seems to be chanting “Kongo” here, Joe.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:03 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo
On paper, Fedor is THE best HW hands down. But this is mma we're talking about and he could lose to anyone at any time. Imagine if he went to the ufc and lost? Dana and all his Kool aid drinking zombies would be all "I told you he was overrated" and IMO he wouldn't get the respect he deserves. If his 1st legitimate loss happens in the UFC, we'll never hear the end of it from Dana.
Actually he is far from the best HW in the world on paper
He only has Sambo credentials, he doesn't go to other camps or bring in world experts to refine parts of his game,
he isn't in great shape, he is TINY weight wise for a HW, and isn't even too tall for a HW either.

So... I don't know how you could say on paper he is the best...
That being said, Fedor isn't beatable right now, I just don't see it.
Other than some sort of freak accident, Fedor will not lose.
(The anything possible theory).
Old 05-06-2009, 04:25 AM
StizzoFoShizzo

He's due for a loss, his last match was a lucky shot on a guy who has shown that his chin is getting weaker every fight. I'm starting to think Fedor is dodging a real compitition by not fighting in the UFC. A grappling "exhibition" with a lightweight? Who's next? Charles "krazy horse" Bennet? Nah....lol he'd lose that one.

Last edited by StizzoFoShizzo; 05-06-2009 at 04:35 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:39 PM
KevinD

I still believe that if AA wouldn't have gone for that stupid flying knee and just kept to the game plan, he had a very good chance of knocking Fedor out. He was quicker, landing shots, and I believe hurting Fedor.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzoFoShizzo
He's due for a loss, his last match was a lucky shot on a guy who has shown that his chin is getting weaker every fight. I'm starting to think Fedor is dodging a real compitition by not fighting in the UFC. A grappling "exhibition" with a lightweight? Who's next? Charles "krazy horse" Bennet? Nah....lol he'd lose that one.

ermm I don't know where you are getting this at. I am not the huge Fedor fan.. but he keeps beating the best (and the "side shows") that get thrown at him.

Even if he were to fight "anyone" in the UFC, he would have to be favored. On Paper...

I would love to see him fight Frank, Brock, Big Nog,

But fighting Randy.... THAT qwould be one to watch. Even if Randy is finally hitting the down side. (Which I am not 100% sure he is)