Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-04-2009, 07:44 PM
atomdanger

Default The UFC 100 Fedor Chant: CP Readers Launch a Viral Phenomenon! (Hopefully!)

http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-100-fe...enon-hopefully
http://fedorchant.com/
Quote:
I was just thinking how cool it would be if the crowd chanted Fedor's name after the upcoming heavyweight belt unification match. Dana would probably **** his pants, and then hopefully get out the checkbook.

The point is of course that this fight doesn't truly determine the best heavyweight in the world because Fedor is still #1. Consider this the beginning of a virally coordinated effort to make this happen.

Despite some parade-raining by "My Fight Wiffa Cheeto," our friend "kadumel" took up the mantle and began promoting the idea on several MMA message boards. Though his thread on Sherdog was taken down for unknown reasons (maybe it was too awesome?), his thread on the UG is flourishing, with almost 100 responses, most of them positive — which inspired one supporter (or kadumel himself, it isn't really clear) to launch an official homepage for the movement, fedorchant.com. All from one little post on one little message board.
haha wow... I wonder if they are going to pull this off?

I saw the thread on the UG, but I didn't know they made a website for it.
Interesting stuff.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:47 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

http://fedorchant.com/
Old 05-04-2009, 07:48 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
On the UG they are talking about passing out fliers at the event
Old 05-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
On the UG they are talking about passing out fliers at the event
It'll be interesting to see if anyting actually comes of this...
Old 05-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Crisco

Lol about 1000 people in the arena will actually know who Fedor is hahahaha.

That is the sad reality...
Old 05-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Josh

This is a great idea. I don't know that it will do anytthing but Dana might get a little uneasy. I am so sick of people saying that Fedor is not the best HW in the world. He would kill Lesnar or anyone else the UFC throws at him. People were calling Anderson best PFP after a few fights in the UFC and they had never seen any of his earlier fights. That title belongs to Fedor and it would be great for the sport if he could come to the UFC and prove it.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:24 PM
TheConcretekid

I just posted this in the MMA section cause I thought Fedor was the subject, but I guess it would be more appropriate here...

Anyway! Two things I don't like about the site/idea

Quote:
Fedor Emelianenko, is shunned by the UFC. They refuse to negotiate with him, calling him and his managers, "crazy Russians".
They refuse to build a sports arena in Russia and are pretty strict with the talent exclusivity stuff: i.e. no more samba tourneys

Quote:
...anybody who owns the UFC Title will be a paper champion until they fight Fedor.
Says the guy supporting the guy who holds a belt given to him by the same organization that gave a belt to Shinya Aoki.

I think thats just arrogant, at least the UFC belt* is only claiming the wearer is the best in the UFC, the WAMMA belt is claiming the holder is the best in the world

*A belt worn by some of the greatest fighters in MMA history: Randy Couture, Bas Rutten, Josh Barnett, Frank Mir, Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira... and its technically the Unification of the PRIDE belt as well, so we could throw those names in too
Old 05-04-2009, 09:53 PM
rearnakedchoke

hopefully tito ortiz isn't in charge of this chant ... everyone will be chanting "Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH- DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
Old 05-04-2009, 11:16 PM

To me the chant would be pointless and tasteless.

Yeah we want Fedor in the UFC but both parties need to be down with it.

UFC 100 is shaping up to be great event with two good fighters in Mir and Lesar squaring off at the end of it.

lJust enjoy it and let the Fedor thing fly
Old 05-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
Says the guy supporting the guy who holds a belt given to him by the same organization that gave a belt to Shinya Aoki.

*A belt worn by some of the greatest fighters in MMA history: Randy Couture, Bas Rutten, Josh Barnett, Frank Mir, Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira... and its technically the Unification of the PRIDE belt as well, so we could throw those names in too
I have no problem with them giving the WAMMA belt to someone in DREAM, IMO DREAM's LW div is better than the UFC's. But if they are going to give the belt to someone in DREAM they need to give it to the DREAM LW Champ not Aoki.

There was never a unification fight between the UFC and PRIDE HW belts because Fedor was the PRIDE HW champ. With that being said, no UFC champ is a paper champ.