Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 01-31-2009, 12:50 AM
Black Mamba

Default Gina Carano in Super Bowl commercial

As mixed martial arts continues to grow worldwide, Gina Carano, one of the sport's most recognizable faces, will be featured in an upcoming Pepsi commercial slated to debut at the Super Bowl on Sunday, Feb. 1.

Carano has been a crossover star in many different avenues, including a spot on "American Gladiators" as well as serving as the inspiration for a character in the computer game "Command & Conquer."

Now the popular women's fighter will be seen alongside iconic martial arts figure Bruce Lee in a campaign that is dubbed "Refresh Anthem," which will feature hip-hop artist Will.I.Am. doing an updated version of Bob Dylan's "Forever Young."

The commercial will feature a visual collage of popular figures, both past and present, celebrating generations of legendary figures from various worlds including sports and entertainment.

Carano will be one of the first mixed martial artists to be a part of a national commercial campaign, with the Pepsi commercial to first be shown during Super Bowl XLIII.

Widely considered as one of the best fighters in the women's division, Carano is still in a holding pattern along with other competitors who fought under the EliteXC banner. The company is still under consideration to be sold to a new owner, while the fighters wait for resolution to continue their careers.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:23 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

VERY COOL!!!!

I think that there are other fighters..(men) that are more deserving.. but no women.. and she is pretty damn popular amongst the fair weather MMA fans.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:37 AM
billwilliams70

Unfortunately, I won't get to see it. I'll be up @ 0330 for the Super Bowl, but the Armed Forces Network, for legal reasons, doesn't show real commercials.......and we're stuck with crappy AFN commercials.

Later.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:49 AM
Stump Rules!

That's too bad. The commercials are the best part of Super Bowl Will you at least get to see Bruce Springsteen during halftime?

Later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams70
Unfortunately, I won't get to see it. I'll be up @ 0330 for the Super Bowl, but the Armed Forces Network, for legal reasons, doesn't show real commercials.......and we're stuck with crappy AFN commercials.

Later.

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 01-31-2009, 12:09 PM
TheConcretekid

Its actually pretty not bad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIbs3sFGdbc
Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 PM
billwilliams70

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
That's too bad. The commercials are the best part of Super Bowl Will you at least get to see Bruce Springsteen during halftime?

Later.
Yeah, that'll be shown.

Later.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:32 AM
TonyCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
Its actually pretty not bad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIbs3sFGdbc
Yep, that bad indeed.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:45 AM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks

Later.
I always thought the Super Bowl was the best part of the Super Bowl, but I guess some people don't really care about the game that much
Old 02-02-2009, 04:31 AM
Hughes_GOAT

Bruce would whoop her ass.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:11 AM
County Mike

I caught it during the game. Decent commercial. Kelli actually called out "Hey! That's Gina."