Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 02-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Yes, but that is an accomplishment for the country, to come from segregation to a black president in only 50 years is fantastic. Obama barely played a roll in the overall storyline of overcoming racism. What has Obama himself accomplished to warrant, at this point, a movie?
Maybe the best post of yours ever.....

brilliant point!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:11 AM
MMeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
I won't celebrate until we get a Chinese prez.

j/k

War Black President. I just wished it had been Colin Powell.
QFT, if Powell had run in 2000 (there was actually talk of a Powell/McCain, McCain/Powell ticket floating around) I think we would be in a MUCH better position than we are right now. I'm not an overly political guy, but it was pretty cool to see how far our country has come on the race issue (I'm biracial, 1/2 black 1/2 Irish = the "real" Black Irish ). Bottom line, even though I don't agree with a large number of Obama's views (mainly abortion/social issues) I think we should all be praying for the sake of the country/all the good people suffering due to foreclosures, layoffs, etc., that he gets it right on the economy. Same way the Bush bashing from the left bugged me, it's one thing to disagree with a man's politics, quite another to hope your country suffers so the letter of your choice (R or D) wins in the next election. Besides, looks like they're both serving the same special interests anyways (just check out their donors - largely one in the same), so I wonder how much it matters who wins regardless
Old 02-14-2009, 06:29 AM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
Maybe the best post of yours ever.....

brilliant point!
Did you just now find this thread? Man, it's over a week old, this is ancient history!!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 06:38 AM
MMeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Did you just now find this thread? Man, it's over a week old, this is ancient history!!!!
Not directed at me, but yeah, just saw it up (actually didn't know they were making a movie). Work has been INSANE lately, but a job to go to is about as good as it gets right now, I know plenty of people who can't say the same unfortunately