Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Scared? Lol, that's as funny as Obama getting his own movie.

I was stating a point that if tensions had ANY indication of easing, then Al'Qaida wouldn't have immediately made threats directly to the U.S. and our new President. Keep in mind, these threats came before he was ever sworn in as President. There will not be any easing of tensions with people who want to see us dead just because Obama is the U.S. President. In fact, before he became the President elect, there was much less chatter coming from the Arabs.

Ahmadinejad is even demanding that Obama should apologize to Iran:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090128...20090128114237

I hope he's able to fix the economy, and for everybody's sake that you're correct, but history and current indicators say otherwise.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-29-2009, 04:24 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preach
It is the point and yes we could argue this point but you would lose. Abortion is wrong and against all that is holy and good. It is murder and anyone who supports it even Obama is a killer and will not get my respect
i would lose,,really?thats a bold statement when you dont even know what side of the issue i'm on,,and i'm sure Obama really doesn't care if he has your respect or not,,
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-29-2009, 05:02 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
we could argue the abortion issue but thats really not the point here,it wouldn't matter who was voted in as president they wouldn't be pure enough in gods eyes no matter who they were,,not even you Nate,,all that i was trying to say is Obama will be a lot better for the USA and the world then lets say your former President
Where in the world did you get the idea that I thought I would make a better President than Obama, that was a stupid thing to say.

It's interesting how most of the world seems to collectively love Obama and the whole world seems to hate George W. Bush. Bush was Christian and was very open about his faith; so what does Jesus say about a situation like this?

Quote:
"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated Me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you." (John 15: 18-19)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-29-2009, 05:30 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Where in the world did you get the idea that I thought I would make a better President than Obama, that was a stupid thing to say.

It's interesting how most of the world seems to collectively love Obama and the whole world seems to hate George W. Bush. Bush was Christian and was very open about his faith; so what does Jesus say about a situation like this?
well first off i never said anything about you being a better president then Obama,,that was a stupid thing 2 assume,and secondly if you think George w Bush is a BETTER person then Obama because he is a Cristian then that might be a bit of a silly statement,,all i know for sure is the U.S.and the world suffered under President Bush,,and you know as well as i do just because somebody professes to be a man of god does not mean he is not being deceitful and using that to help his personal agenda in some way.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-29-2009, 06:06 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwright
well first off i never said anything about you being a better president then Obama,,that was a stupid thing 2 assume,and secondly if you think George w Bush is a BETTER person then Obama because he is a Cristian then that might be a bit of a silly statement,,all i know for sure is the U.S.and the world suffered under President Bush,,and you know as well as i do just because somebody professes to be a man of god does not mean he is not being deceitful and using that to help his personal agenda in some way.
Being a Christian doesn't make someone a better person, it actually means that they have admitted to themselves that they are NOT a good person. That's the point. According to the Bible, there is no such thing as a good person, they don't exist.

Also, I don't believe that Bush was lying about his beliefs. If they were just a political ploy, then he would have abandoned them when times got tough and his approval rating started to drop.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-29-2009, 06:49 PM
kyle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
NATE, do not mislead people! Obama is not directly sending money to fund abortions in other countries...Don't play that game.
Well actually JB, NATE is pretty much on here. There was a BAN on international groups that perform abortion and the prez came into office and reverse it. Now it's almost 1/2billion we send over sea's and it is suppose to cover family health care and help those with AIDS/HIV and have clinics. but you know what, a lot of people who are sick, like children and others that might need help, will not get. So some of this money will go to the abortions. yeah it may not go directly, but with him lifting the ban.....means he is still funding abortions in other countries or else he would have left that ban and kept funding the family health care and that's not a game we give them 460 million a year and not everyone is going to get the treatment they may need.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:29 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Being a Christian doesn't make someone a better person, it actually means that they have admitted to themselves that they are NOT a good person. That's the point. According to the Bible, there is no such thing as a good person, they don't exist.

Also, I don't believe that Bush was lying about his beliefs. If they were just a political ploy, then he would have abandoned them when times got tough and his approval rating started to drop.
your right there is no such thing as a good person,,my point exactly ,and when it comes to Bush i too do not think he was being deceitful either, i was just saying that is a poor way to judge somebody's character if thats the only measuring stick your using ,,
i think maybe sometimes i come across in a different light then was intended by me,
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:38 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This is BS! I'm a good person and if you say otherwise I'll burn down your friggin' house.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:47 PM
bradwright
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
This is BS! I'm a good person and if you say otherwise I'll burn down your friggin' house.
lol,,i live in a brick house so burning it down is out,,not sure you will be able to blow it down either,,but good luck with that.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:10 AM
J.B.'s Avatar
J.B. J.B. is offline
WAR CARDINALS!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Apache Juntion, AZ
Posts: 8,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle
Well actually JB, NATE is pretty much on here. There was a BAN on international groups that perform abortion and the prez came into office and reverse it. Now it's almost 1/2billion we send over sea's and it is suppose to cover family health care and help those with AIDS/HIV and have clinics. but you know what, a lot of people who are sick, like children and others that might need help, will not get. So some of this money will go to the abortions. yeah it may not go directly, but with him lifting the ban.....means he is still funding abortions in other countries or else he would have left that ban and kept funding the family health care and that's not a game we give them 460 million a year and not everyone is going to get the treatment they may need.
No. That is simply political pandering. I realize what the ban was, and what Obama did. I did not vote for Obama either, but to say outright that he is sending money overseas to perform abortions is misleading. I am adamantly opposed to abortion, but I don't think we should be misleading about what is going on.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.