Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-02-2009, 07:00 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion
Because of what might happen to them among the general population there...as if that matters eh.

the White House does have a basement, does it not?
Exactly.... We have supermax prisons.
Zero chance of escape. Because you never leave your cell lol

Old 05-02-2009, 01:14 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
This just in, BO is a first class moron.

Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said yesterday that the Pentagon may have to build a new facility to house detainees from the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, to hedge against political opposition around the country to the incarceration of the inmates in existing federal or military facilities in the United States.

"I fully expect to have 535 pieces of legislation before this is over saying, 'Not in my district, not in my state,' " Gates said, referring to the number of senators and representatives in Congress. He said the Pentagon wants to have $50 million at hand in case it has to build a prison on short notice.

In January, President Obama ordered the closure of the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, within a year. Gates said the facilities, which cost tens of millions of dollars to construct, are likely to be "mothballed....

Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...043004068.html
he's just doing his best to clean up the mess that moron bush made ...
Old 05-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Hughes fanboy

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Exactly.... We have supermax prisons.
Zero chance of escape. Because you never leave your cell lol

True...but it costs a fortune as well to house them. What is there isn't enough cells open for these terrorists. What then? Build a brand new facility for millions while the economy tanks?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I have a new idea for torture. We should put them in a room and make them watch Pat Robertson all day long
Old 05-02-2009, 06:41 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
True...but it costs a fortune as well to house them. What is there isn't enough cells open for these terrorists. What then? Build a brand new facility for millions while the economy tanks?
Sounds like thats what we're going to do anyway.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Miss Foxy

Put em with general population!! Let our criminals whoop some Americana in em!! Im sorry, but no one regulates how our POW's or other Americans are treated while abroad why should we go deeper in the hole to accomodate terrorists?! Heck to no!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:39 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
This just in, BO is a first class moron.

Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said yesterday that the Pentagon may have to build a new facility to house detainees from the military prison at Guantanamo Bay, to hedge against political opposition around the country to the incarceration of the inmates in existing federal or military facilities in the United States.

"I fully expect to have 535 pieces of legislation before this is over saying, 'Not in my district, not in my state,' " Gates said, referring to the number of senators and representatives in Congress. He said the Pentagon wants to have $50 million at hand in case it has to build a prison on short notice.

In January, President Obama ordered the closure of the detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, within a year. Gates said the facilities, which cost tens of millions of dollars to construct, are likely to be "mothballed....

Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...043004068.html
there is an easy answer to this. Conviction of a terrorism offense equates to the death penalty...and carry it out at Guantanamo...then you dont need to do anything with them except burrial...and I dont think any Senator will mind sparing a plot of ground to for burrial in their state...after all...if the terrorists are dead...they aint gonna get loooose in the population are they.

Prooves the senators have no faith in their own prison system if they believe the terrorists will get out....thats shocking...what sorta message are they sending out...soooo the American Penal system isnt tough enough to keep international terrorists then??
Old 05-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
there is an easy answer to this. Conviction of a terrorism offense equates to the death penalty...and carry it out at Guantanamo...then you dont need to do anything with them except burrial...and I dont think any Senator will mind sparing a plot of ground to for burrial in their state...after all...if the terrorists are dead...they aint gonna get loooose in the population are they.

Prooves the senators have no faith in their own prison system if they believe the terrorists will get out....thats shocking...what sorta message are they sending out...soooo the American Penal system isnt tough enough to keep international terrorists then??
I don't want any terrorists here, dead or alive. Their goal was to come here & destroy my country, I don't want 'em polluting the ground.

Toss their carcasses into the sea.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
I don't want any terrorists here, dead or alive. Their goal was to come here & destroy my country, I don't want 'em polluting the ground.

Toss their carcasses into the sea.

Burrial at sea? Where they can wash up on your beautiful shores and frighten away your tourist trade? Yeah...good thinking Ben

What about a comprimise.

Burn their bodies, and scatter the ashes at sea.

I suppose, if they were dead you could always send them back from whence they came. I dont suppose any foreign power will care much about a dead Terrorist...they just dont want to be lumbered with what are American Prisoners of War. They are your Prisoners.

btw...is anyone else fooled by Barack Obama coming out and condemning Torture, and saying that his Administration have put a stop to it and dont use it anymore? LMAO....My Mother was like "Wow, thats fantastic" I was like "yeah, now we can go back to doing it secretly" Your fooling yourself if you believe that suddenly America and Britian dont need to use it anymore.

Last edited by Tyburn; 05-03-2009 at 01:21 PM.