Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 05-02-2009, 08:44 AM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
it was.
*envy*

haha, Metallica is another band I saw recently, and it was a great show,
but you can just tell that it was wayyy better 15 years ago or more.

I would have loved to see Metallica in the late 80s.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:21 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Pantera can't hang!
BLASPHEMY!!!

Pantera is better in every conceivable aspect than Slayer. No if's, and's, or but's about it...

Dimebag was better than Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman combined without question, and Vinny Paul and Dave Lombardo are pretty much on the same level. Also, anybody who likes Tom Araya's vocals better than Phil Anselmo's vocals is obviously on crack.

For the record, why does there always have to be that guy that yells "SLAYER!!!", or "FREEBIRD!!!" at the bar? When I am spinning wax, and I hear that, they get this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hz2am90Hk
Old 05-02-2009, 07:41 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Rattlesnake
BLASPHEMY!!!

Pantera is better in every conceivable aspect than Slayer. No if's, and's, or but's about it...

Dimebag was better than Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman combined without question, and Vinny Paul and Dave Lombardo are pretty much on the same level. Also, anybody who likes Tom Araya's vocals better than Phil Anselmo's vocals is obviously on crack.

For the record, why does there always have to be that guy that yells "SLAYER!!!", or "FREEBIRD!!!" at the bar? When I am spinning wax, and I hear that, they get this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hz2am90Hk

haha pretty much how I feel
Old 05-02-2009, 07:43 PM
lc87

I can't wait for rockfest in kansas city. I usually go every year. There's not really any terrible bands on the main stage and usually a few awesome bands. And with the rockaholic tickets its only 20 bucks
Old 05-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
BLASPHEMY!!!

I beg to differ!! RIP Dime, but Kerry King is and was wwwaaaayyyy better.. Dude don't mess with SLAYER!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
I beg to differ!! RIP Dime, but Kerry King is and was wwwaaaayyyy better.. Dude don't mess with SLAYER!!!!!!!
If you like Slayer better, that's totally fine, but there is no argument that Dime was a better guitarist than Kerry King. Dimebag was virtuoso guitarist at age 12. Kerry King was bald at age 12. I've been playing guitar since I was 11 and played in bands ranging from brutal heavy metal, to hard rock, and even country. Only a handful of guitarists truly blow my mind, Kerry King is not one of them.

Last edited by J.B.; 05-02-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

double post
Old 05-02-2009, 09:38 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
You're a doll,
but Kerry can't touch dime... not in writing music, not in talent, not anywhere.

IMO (although I like a lot of Slayer) most of it sounds exactly alike.
Dimebag wrote incredible music, incredible songs, all kinds.

IMO Dimebag and Zack Wylde are the two greatest guitar players of our time.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Hughes_GOAT

obviously Pantera had a better guitarist but i need more than that. i need Satan, death and war! Slayer brings that.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
If you like Slayer better, that's totally fine, but there is no argument that Dime was a better guitarist than Kerry King. Dimebag was virtuoso guitarist at age 12. Kerry King was bald at age 12. I've been playing guitar since I was 11 and played in bands ranging from brutal heavy metal, to hard rock, and even country. Only a handful of guitarists truly blow my mind, Kerry King is not one of them.
Your opinion is all that matters to you and mine matters to me. I don't play the guitar I find my ears more attracted to Kings style over Dimes. Not a big deal, but thats just my opinion. Dime was bomb I will never deny that..