Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Country Breakfast

Default Machida To Get Title Shot If He Wins

Dana �If Machida wins, he gets the title shot"
January 22, 2009, 7:51 am

http://the-fight-site.com/2009/01/machi ... ats-silva/

UFC President Dana White was a recent guest on the syndicated local California Radio Show, The Tom Leykis Show. While his appearance on the show was brief, he had some interesting things to say regarding the Light Heavyweight division. In particular White said that if Lyoto Machida is victorious over Thiago Silva on Jan 31st, then he will be granted a title shot for the Light Heavyweight Championship. However, he went on to say that if Silva gets the win over Machida, Silva will still need one more victory under his belt before he is granted a title opportunity.

He said, If lyoto wins, he gets the title shot, if Thiago (wins), hes a win away from the title shot. Definately some things to look forward too.

White also commented on the surprising announcement that Rampage Jackson, for whom most people expected would be next in line to face Rashad Evans for the belt, will be facing off against Keith Jardine at UFC 96.

White said, Most people dont care about this fight, but its a f@#*%! good fight. I dont make these kind of fights for nothing. The buildup will be good, watch.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:30 AM
Liam

I just want Machida to get knocked out, I really dislike his style no offense to him but it doesn't win many fans. I think Rashad could definitely beat him.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:24 AM
KevinD

good for Machida. All he has done is won. He deserves a title shot if he gets by Silva.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinD
good for Machida. All he has done is won. He deserves a title shot if he gets by Silva.
I agree 100%!! I don't see anyone at LHW beating him!

[
Old 01-23-2009, 03:56 AM
Matt-4; GJJ Black Belts-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
I just want Machida to get knocked out, I really dislike his style no offense to him but it doesn't win many fans. I think Rashad could definitely beat him.
Lyoto getting KO'ed? I don't see that at all. His foot work is art. He is nothing but angles. Some people call his style boring, but it is pure karate, made to work in the MMA world.

Watching him fight is like watching good kata. He is very similar to Chuck. Make the opponent come to you, work the angle and move in, then get out.

It's great!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:22 AM
Primadawn

WAR LYOTO!!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:04 AM
atomdanger

Well good, he deserves one, but I hope Thiago wins.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:51 AM

Rashad and Machida could go down as one of the worst title fights ever the way they both like to counter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Machida definetly is worthy of a shot but i really like Thiago so i hope he does it.

Also i think its good, they have basically pusnished Rampage for his spell of lunacy. In normal circumstances he would be first for the shot but it think once he beats Jardien he'll get it.

Thats a smart fight by UFC. Rampage chalks up another good win and is hailed and physically and mentally ready for the title, and it gives the long suffering Jardine a chance to get right back into the picture if he took out Quinton. don't see it happenin though!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion
Rashad and Machida could go down as one of the worst title fights ever the way they both like to counter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!
hey rashad could go for the take down right away and machida would choke him out .
Old 01-23-2009, 12:43 PM
KevinD

It takes two fighters to make a fight. Machida is defensive but does explode into offence when the openings are there. If other fighters don't like his style, then it is up to them to take him out and force him to change. Until now, no one has been able to do that.