Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Jason 16

Default would any one like to see Maia vs nate marquardt

Id like to see it but I think nate has waited and won enough to get another shot at silva. O and for both fights im picking marquard koing maia and L.A.P/elbowing silva
Old 02-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Josh

I would love to see it but I agree he should be next in line for Silva. That combo that Nate threw last night was incredible. That was the kind of beatdown I love to see. He wasn't just out punching Wilson. He was working over his whole body and I bet Wilson is really sore this morning. As for Maia the guy is amazing and I still say if the fight went his way he could beat Silva.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:13 PM
atomdanger

Nate has 2 wins since his last lost.
I don't care if the loss was by points, it was a loss fair and square.
He fought dirty, he paid the price.

Maia is 5 - 0 in the UFC, with 5 impressive submission wins.

It isn't like Nate's fight with Anderson was a war, or super close or something,
I don't see why people think he deserves a shot before Maia.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Jason 16

I say nate would take maia because if you look at the ed herman fight, most people count him as a b level fighter with good bjj and he was able to give him problems and get some good gnp in. so if you take a A level fighter with great bjj and and strikeing that went from a c- to an A-/A I just see him not being able to take nate down and if he does a little bit of gnp than stand up and own him on his feet. sonnon lost becuse he seemed content rolling with him
Old 02-22-2009, 06:33 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
I say nate would take maia because if you look at the ed herman fight, most people count him as a b level fighter with good bjj and he was able to give him problems and get some good gnp in. so if you take a A level fighter with great bjj and and strikeing that went from a c- to an A-/A I just see him not being able to take nate down and if he does a little bit of gnp than stand up and own him on his feet. sonnon lost becuse he seemed content rolling with him
MMAMATH doens't work, especially when you are comparing someone as good as Maia, to someone as irrelevant as ed herman
Old 02-22-2009, 06:56 PM
lc87

I still disagree with one of the fouls that was called in that fight. And I def think thalies doesn't deserve a title shot.sur noone else in the mw div doesn't either but still .
Old 02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
MMAMATH doens't work, especially when you are comparing someone as good as Maia, to someone as irrelevant as ed herman
so your saying it doesnt matter that ed herman gave maia problems
Old 02-22-2009, 07:42 PM
matthughesfan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason 16
so your saying it doesnt matter that ed herman gave maia problems
I don't doubt that marquardt wouldn't be able to get some gnp in, but maia will either reverse him or lock something up, his bjj is just that good
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM
ufcfan2

I would'nt mind seeing that fight somewhere down the road. They both feel they deserve a titleshot right now. Nate had his,guys like Okami,Bisping,Maia should be next in line.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Jason 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
I don't doubt that marquardt wouldn't be able to get some gnp in, but maia will either reverse him or lock something up, his bjj is just that good
thats not what I was getting at if some one like herman was able to get some gnp in than some one like marquardt should be able to keep it standing