Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-01-2009, 04:09 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Political discussions were never that big of a thing on here until recently. Even when the topics did turn to politics, most people on here tended to lean towards the conservative right.

By the end of Bush's term, the media had brain-washed so many people into thinking that his 8 years as President were just the lowest point in our nation's history, that I was simply tired of the Bush bashing and didn't want Matt's site to become yet another outlet for that. Especially since Matt supports President Bush.

There's really no point in criticizing Bush now that he's out of office, aside from Liberals trying to cover their own mistakes.

Obviously nothing said about Obama on this site has offended you enough to report any of the posts. So clearly we're doing a pretty good job of keeping it to criticism of Obama's actual policies and not insulting of his character.
I actually did report something and was told that is just the way that particular "offender" speaks (writes) and that it wasn't that big of a deal .. LOL ..
Old 05-01-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Political discussions were never that big of a thing on here until recently. Even when the topics did turn to politics, most people on here tended to lean towards the conservative right.

By the end of Bush's term, the media had brain-washed so many people into thinking that his 8 years as President were just the lowest point in our nation's history, that I was simply tired of the Bush bashing and didn't want Matt's site to become yet another outlet for that. Especially since Matt supports President Bush.

There's really no point in criticizing Bush now that he's out of office, aside from Liberals trying to cover their own mistakes.

Obviously nothing said about Obama on this site has offended you enough to report any of the posts. So clearly we're doing a pretty good job of keeping it to criticism of Obama's actual policies and not insulting of his character.
This is true. I haven't seen anybody calling him the "Antichrist", "evil", or as was mentioned, a "murderer". I honestly believe he's a nice guy, but I really REALLY don't admire him or have any appreciation for his policies. I won't insult him in a personal attack, simply because, I don't know him personally, that wouldn't make any sense.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:13 PM
logrus

Quote:
It's just funny how Democrats are trying to wash their hands of that stimulus package even when most of them voted for it.

Also, little things, like referring to McCain as "McLame", is one of the reasons that we had to restrict criticism of President Bush. There's a difference between criticizing a President's policies and just insulting the man. Obviously you have trouble discerning the difference between the two.
There's that old saying "Beating around the Bush" which is basically what you and a few others tend to do. Sure your not deliberately saying it, but you sure as hell are implying it.
Actually there was a few times Obama was labeled this or that. An his stances on every little thing get brought up here its not really what you referred to as "Supporting the Commander and Chief", you know not only has he been attacked which silly little name calling, but forum members have been as well.

That is unless being called and idiot and a F$% moron for voting for him is considered nice nice around here as long as you have a pretty little name title.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:33 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
There's that old saying "Beating around the Bush" which is basically what you and a few others tend to do. Sure your not deliberately saying it, but you sure as hell are implying it.
Actually there was a few times Obama was labeled this or that. An his stances on every little thing get brought up here its not really what you referred to as "Supporting the Commander and Chief", you know not only has he been attacked which silly little name calling, but forum members have been as well.

That is unless being called and idiot and a F$% moron for voting for him is considered nice nice around here as long as you have a pretty little name title.
Are you trying to deflect from the political issues here?

Why do you always try to turn it into Log vs Nate? Hasn't this been addressed before?
Old 05-01-2009, 06:02 PM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar
Are you trying to deflect from the political issues here?

Why do you always try to turn it into Log vs Nate? Hasn't this been addressed before?
If it wasn't good for the goose, then why the gander ? Thats all i'm saying. Besides I already said that McCain would have done the same thing, just a different approach.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
If it wasn't good for the goose, then why the gander ? Thats all i'm saying. Besides I already said that McCain would have done the same thing, just a different approach.
FYI, I would have dogged McCain's plan as well and I'm a hardcore Conservative. McCain, IMO, isn't a true Conservative.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
FYI, I would have dogged McCain's plan as well and I'm a hardcore Conservative. McCain, IMO, isn't a true Conservative.
Which is why when I win the sig bet its gonna be brutal!!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Which is why when I win the sig bet its gonna be brutal!!
Crack is bad Melissa, it makes you delusional.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:53 PM
ufcfan2

Politics is a touchy subject like religion you press one wrong button that a person does'nt agree with they go on the attack. I don't wanna label myself dem or rep,conservitive,liberal as labeling just plain sucks,but I guess its easier to attack a person if they are labled something different than you.
Samewith religion,I'm not religious and nor do I want to be. I do find some of the stories interesting to listen to and read about. Though I find religion divides ppl as I get tired of hearing were doing this for the name of our god blah blah blah...
Now back on topic. I voted for Obama,sole reason was I did'nt wanna take a chance of Palin becoming President. I personally think McCain would of been a better President than Bush was,and I just think he made a critical error with Palin.
Obama's main issue imo is his lack of experience amongst other things. I give him some credit for surrounding himself with diverse group of politicians. I'm not gonna grade him on his 100days as I'd rather judge him when its time to re-elect him. I understand ppl have issues with his bowing,and other foreign issues,but Bush had his fair share of bad moments. I wanna give Obama time to get stuff done and to focuse on his stimulas package issues is a little premature(would ppl say the samething if Bush had similar issues). Yes, I don't agree with all the 'Pork' in his packages. I'd like to see what in it really as I'm sure somethings are possibly warrented/needed.
Far as not talking about Bush anymore? Why not,just cause hes not president anymore does'nt disclude him from any discussions. If your a Bush lover thats fine,but this should'nt disallow ppl from bringing him up.
Now Bush was he as evil as the media made him out to be? I personally don't think he was a 'saint' and I thought he focused too much on the war on terror in every speech. Was this pulling the wool over the sheeps eyes I don't know he seemed he did'nt wanna talk about anything else.
I think each Presidency has a major issue to focus on and takes focus and alot of critism;bush had 9/11 and Obama has the economy problem. To be fair I think Obama's issue is far more serious than what Bush went thru(not taking away from the Twin Towers,loss of troops etc.) anywho,each to their own
Old 05-01-2009, 07:22 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2
I give him some credit for surrounding himself with diverse group of politicians.
If by diverse you mean completely subservient, then yes you are correct.

Seriously, if you think Obama's cabinet is diverse, then you are paying as much attention as half his appointees have paid in taxes.