Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-01-2009, 02:57 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
Who is this Obama guy i keep hearing about???
You haven't heard? He's the Messiah!

In fact, he's going to make sure this lady doesn't have to worry about paying for gas in her car or for her mortgage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roUTdnL0ZSI
Old 05-01-2009, 03:03 AM
xSubmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21
You haven't heard? He's the Messiah!

In fact, he's going to make sure this lady doesn't have to worry about paying for gas in her car or for her mortgage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roUTdnL0ZSI
Does this mean none of us have to pay for all of that now?
Old 05-01-2009, 05:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcfan2

Well not like Bush was a economic wizard neither What happened to the 350 billion dollar stimulas package he gave,nobody knows what happened to it
I think both parties need to be readjusted as one is no more better than the other imo. I hate political discussions as much as I hate religious discussions ppl get very heated and defensive of their religion/political alliances.
Didn't Obama vote in favor of that $350 billion stimulus package last October? I think most Americans were pretty angry about that as well, but it was sort of overshadowed by the election.

Anyways, I agree that the Republican party is in the shambles that it is because they've been acting too much like Democrats over the last few years. But the last thing we need is more Democrat agendas.

However, this whole debate goes way beyond Republican vs. Democrat or liberal vs. conservative. This is about big government vs. freedom.

On a side note, the reason why we created this Politics section was for people like you who hate political debates, this way you can ignore them to your heart's content. Of course, I'm not sure why you entered a political debate just to declare that you hate political debates, but whatever.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:28 AM
logrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
Didn't Obama vote in favor of that $350 billion stimulus package last October? I think most Americans were pretty angry about that as well, but it was sort of overshadowed by the election.

Anyways, I agree that the Republican party is in the shambles that it is because they've been acting too much like Democrats over the last few years. But the last thing we need is more Democrat agendas.

However, this whole debate goes way beyond Republican vs. Democrat or liberal vs. conservative. This is about big government vs. freedom.

On a side note, the reason why we created this Politics section was for people like you who hate political debates, this way you can ignore them to your heart's content. Of course, I'm not sure why you entered a political debate just to declare that you hate political debates, but whatever.
Mclame voted for it as well. Not to mention he had his own spending plan so in all actuality wed probably still be in the same boat, just with a different captain.

The only difference is we wouldn't have a political forum, and we wouldn't be allowed to criticize him in any way shape or form. I mean we had to walk on egg shells for the most part when it came to threads about Georgy boy.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus
Mclame voted for it as well. Not to mention he had his own spending plan so in all actuality wed probably still be in the same boat, just with a different captain.

The only difference is we wouldn't have a political forum, and we wouldn't be allowed to criticize him in any way shape or form. I mean we had to walk on egg shells for the most part when it came to threads about Georgy boy.
walk on egg shells? nah, people have been free to speak their mind about GSP ...
Old 05-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:

LOL!! I will walk on eggshells, fire, glass anything and still show my dislike for greaser boy....
Old 05-01-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
Does this mean none of us have to pay for all of that now?
I guess that depends. According to that genius they interviewed, "If I help him, he's gonna help me." So I guess the question is, have you helped him?
Old 05-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:

It's just funny how Democrats are trying to wash their hands of that stimulus package even when most of them voted for it.

Also, little things, like referring to McCain as "McLame", is one of the reasons that we had to restrict criticism of President Bush. There's a difference between criticizing a President's policies and just insulting the man. Obviously you have trouble discerning the difference between the two.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:48 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR
It's just funny how Democrats are trying to wash their hands of that stimulus package even when most of them voted for it.

Also, little things, like referring to McCain as "McLame", is one of the reasons that we had to restrict criticism of President Bush. There's a difference between criticizing a President's policies and just insulting the man. Obviously you have trouble discerning the difference between the two.
well, to be fair, obama has been called everything on here from murderer to dumb to a traitor ... if that is criticizing and not insulting, that's news to me ... just come clean, admit that you played favourites when Bush was in power and people will stop saying Bush was off limits and Obama is fair game ...
Old 05-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
well, to be fair, obama has been called everything on here from murderer to dumb to a traitor ... if that is criticizing and not insulting, that's news to me ... just come clean, admit that you played favourites when Bush was in power and people will stop saying Bush was off limits and Obama is fair game ...
Political discussions were never that big of a thing on here until recently. Even when the topics did turn to politics, most people on here tended to lean towards the conservative right.

By the end of Bush's term, the media had brain-washed so many people into thinking that his 8 years as President were just the lowest point in our nation's history, that I was simply tired of the Bush bashing and didn't want Matt's site to become yet another outlet for that. Especially since Matt supports President Bush.

There's really no point in criticizing Bush now that he's out of office, aside from Liberals trying to cover their own mistakes.

Obviously nothing said about Obama on this site has offended you enough to report any of the posts. So clearly we're doing a pretty good job of keeping it to criticism of Obama's actual policies and not insulting of his character.