Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 04-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Stump Rules!

Default New Fedor interview

Fedor Emelianenko on Japan, His Career, and Anderson Silva

On having fewer fights recently:

I'm quite satisfied with the schedule that I have right now. I think for every fighter, there's a time that you have to fight more often to win a reputation or to establish your name. Then after that, there comes a time when you have to prepare yourself more seriously for a certain fight, and you have more responsibility for each fight you have to fight.

On fighting in an MMA match in Japan instead of a grappling match with Aoki:

Of course I want to fight in a real fight, especially in Japan. We are now in the process of negotiations with Dream and other companies, other organizations, but we have not reached any concrete decision yet.

I was ready to show myself to the Japanese fans -- I think we've missed each other a lot.

On the end of his MMA career:

Of course I try not to think about it. But if you consider my age, of course it's time for me to start thinking about it, I know. But I try not to think about it.

Regarding how I can finish my career, that all depends on God's will. Maybe my career will finish all of a sudden, or maybe I'll be able to continue working as a fighter as long as possible.

On Anderson Silva's critics and a potential match against him:

For those who want to criticize, I think that anything that catches their eye can be adopted for criticism. We're not supposed to think too much about criticism.

He's two classes lighter, and there's no possibility to negotiate with fighters still in the UFC. But if there is any possibility, of course we are open to proposals.

After being informed that Silva's contract will end soon and that he walks at around 215:

Why not?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/4/30...o-on-japan-his

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 04-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Fedor will destroy Silva.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Miss Foxy

I would select Fedor anyday on this one!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 08:08 PM
cheachea

WAR FEDOR