Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Hughes fanboy

time will tell, all you can do is hope your man wins..nothing is certain until the end of the fight
Old 05-01-2009, 01:29 AM
que

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
GSP is gonna own the WW division ... Alves isn't gonna put up a real fight ... GSP owns him from the opening bell ...
and what are you basing those assumptions on?

alves has put up a fight in all of his fights. never has he not put up a fight. did you see what he did to matt hughes, the greatest WW of all time? and you think he won't put up a fight against GSP? you talk like GSP is an invincible God or something.

i assure you, alves will put up a fight. this isn't a dwarf LW moving up to WW this time. this is a giant man who should really be fighting at MW. a humongous juggernaut of a beast who is bigger, stronger, sick takedown defense, great ground skills and much better striking. you will see a fight.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:19 AM
Buc Nasty

This will be a tougher fight for GreaSemeister P than Fitch or BJ were. Alves is the first true striker GSP has faced so I see him going for the takedown in almost every exchange in this fight.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:09 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by que
and what are you basing those assumptions on?

alves has put up a fight in all of his fights. never has he not put up a fight. did you see what he did to matt hughes, the greatest WW of all time? and you think he won't put up a fight against GSP? you talk like GSP is an invincible God or something.

i assure you, alves will put up a fight. this isn't a dwarf LW moving up to WW this time. this is a giant man who should really be fighting at MW. a humongous juggernaut of a beast who is bigger, stronger, sick takedown defense, great ground skills and much better striking. you will see a fight.
people said the same thing about fitch .. he was bigger, badder, couldn't be taken down and kept down, his guard was impassable ... GSP made him look ridiculous in all but the 2nd round ... Alves won't win a round in this fight .. he was taken down by matt quite easily, GSP has better takedowns and will take him down ...
Old 05-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
people said the same thing about fitch .. he was bigger, badder, couldn't be taken down and kept down, his guard was impassable ... GSP made him look ridiculous in all but the 2nd round ... Alves won't win a round in this fight .. he was taken down by matt quite easily, GSP has better takedowns and will take him down ...
*Cough*Choke* really?!! LOL.. Ok we shall see.. His time is up! He's a cheater and everyone knows it he's gonna crack like an egg
Old 05-01-2009, 02:13 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
*Cough*Choke* really?!! LOL.. Ok we shall see.. His time is up! He's a cheater and everyone knows it he's gonna crack like an egg
better get that cough of yours checked out .. it might be the swine flu ...
Old 05-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
better get that cough of yours checked out .. it might be the swine flu ...
Yeah considering I have some latin blood in me! Thats so whack! Anyways though im not too paranoid about that flu just yet....I was supposed to go up to San Diego this weekend, but I cancelled my plans. I will just lay low for now. How bout up there where your at?
Old 05-01-2009, 03:04 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy
Yeah considering I have some latin blood in me! Thats so whack! Anyways though im not too paranoid about that flu just yet....I was supposed to go up to San Diego this weekend, but I cancelled my plans. I will just lay low for now. How bout up there where your at?
Paranoid? here in toronto we have one mild confirmed case and i have been sending home people (with pay of course) who has cough, cold or fever ..
Old 05-01-2009, 06:21 PM
atomdanger

Smart move, good school to go to for the ground game.

Still odd to me that MMA is illegal in NY
Old 05-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty
This will be a tougher fight for GreaSemeister P than Fitch or BJ were. Alves is the first true striker GSP has faced so I see him going for the takedown in almost every exchange in this fight.
Dude you are officially awesome!! GreaSemeister P!!!!!! Lovin' that!!