Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 05-02-2009, 09:32 PM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthughesfan21
most of leites submission wins are against weaker competition...If you asked all of the MW in the UFC who they would be more scared to go to the ground with, Maia would pull the vote unanimously
true but the gap isnt as big as people ar making it out to be, leites is a tremendous and very accomplished grappler.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
yeah nate lost because he got dominated on the ground by leites lol

Jason macdonald lasted 2 and a half rounds with mia without being subbed is he even a black belt
you made my argument for me, thanks. i said Maia needs to get it to the ground to win and you say he'll lose because Leites couldn't do anything on the ground against Nate, yet still beat him lol. so Maia isn't screwed if he can't get it to the ground afterall. doesn't matter how long Macdonald lasted, he still got subbed
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
true but the gap isnt as big as people ar making it out to be, leites is a tremendous and very accomplished grappler.
yes it is. compare their titles so we can see. then again, you also said Nate is world class on the ground, lol!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Maia subbed Gonzaga 2 or 3 times in ADCC. has Leites even been in the ADCC, let alone won it?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-03-2009, 03:19 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
you made my argument for me, thanks. i said Maia needs to get it to the ground to win and you say he'll lose because Leites couldn't do anything on the ground against Nate, yet still beat him lol. so Maia isn't screwed if he can't get it to the ground afterall. doesn't matter how long Macdonald lasted, he still got subbed
i was being sacastic sorry i thought the lol would give it away

so yeah if nate gets two points tooken away and droped by a punch mia can win haha
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-03-2009, 03:39 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
i was being sacastic sorry i thought the lol would give it away

so yeah if nate gets two points tooken away and droped by a punch mia can win haha
Nate shouldn't have cheated in rounds 2 and 3. guys that cheat are desperate. Leites made him desperate and Maia will sub him. better jitz plus better takedowns is what Maia has over Leites.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-03-2009, 05:18 AM
bj44's Avatar
bj44 bj44 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Nate shouldn't have cheated in rounds 2 and 3.* guys that cheat are desperate.* Leites made him desperate and Maia will sub him.* better jitz plus better takedowns is what Maia has over Leites.
well see
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-03-2009, 05:24 AM
Hughes_GOAT
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
well see
yes we will
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,986
Default

Maia should be able to win this one.

I think he should already be fighting for the Title personally.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-03-2009, 07:04 PM
lc87
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj44
well see

I love this argument. Of couse we will the fight is scheduled
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.