Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 04-29-2009, 08:45 PM
xSubmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

We're talking about physical conditioning... drinking water
Well im just saying...No need to worry about all those small details. Just stay determined and work hard and you will get the results that your looking for
Old 04-29-2009, 08:52 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
but have you lost weight?

I mean..a gallon of water weights heaps...I want to lose weight, not gain it...I cant afford to put weight on... Especially not water weight
8 lbs so far, not sure how much stone that is over on your side of the pond.

Yea, I do weight 8 pounds more after drinking a gallon, but you do pee it out. But again, dont' ever weight yourself after drinking water, worst idea ever.

I'm working on losing 20 more. It's really hard to lose weight when fit though, so I'm also incorporating mostly lean meat, veggies, fruit and slow burning carbs and restricting myself at 1500 calories a day. It IS HARD!!

But everytime I look at my 'fat picture' it helps.

You won't lose a lot of wieght, Dave, if you don't drink water. Agua will help you out and keep you feeling fuller longer. Trust me, it's a natural appetite suppressant, much better than all the diet crap out there.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Crisco

Talking about drinking water during your workouts and talking about it when your going through your day are two different things.

Bottom line consume a gallon of water a day or try and get as close as you can. Drinking water is essential to include in your program. When your dehydrated you can't function as well as you could with a well watered system.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

xSub, I'm gonna take a stab in the dark & say that a former MMA World Champion knows just a tad bit more about nutrition than an 18yr old high school student.

Just my guess.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:24 PM
xSubmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
xSub, I'm gonna take a stab in the dark & say that a former MMA World Champion knows just a tad bit more about nutrition than an 18yr old high school student.

Just my guess.
Dude! I never said i know more about anyone in the nutrition department. I just want to get my original point across. Getting into extreme diet details is ridiculous. Stay determined, work hard and you'll get the results you want. Who is the world champion btw?
Im sure he will agree with my statement
Old 04-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
Dude! I never said i know more about anyone in the nutrition department. I just want to get my original point across. Getting into extreme diet details is ridiculous. Stay determined, work hard and you'll get the results you want. Who is the world champion btw?
Im sure he will agree with my statement
Drinking water is not a small detail.

Most people don't have the capability to train hard off the bat. They need to diet in order to improve their energy levels and general willingness to work out.

No one is telling him to weigh his food or count how many grams of sugar are in his steamed veggies.

Drink a gallon of water Dave.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:31 PM
xSubmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
Drinking water is not a small detail.

Most people don't have the capability to train hard off the bat. They need to diet in order to improve their energy levels and general willingness to work out.

No one is telling him to weigh his food or count how many grams of sugar are in his steamed veggies.

Drink a gallon of water Dave.
I guess you have somewhat of a point there
Old 04-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSubmission
I guess you have somewhat of a point there
I hear where you are coming from. Like you I am athletic I can eat cup cakes all day and still manage to go 3 rounds of MMA sparring.

Whn you spend your whole life eating anything you want too your body doesn't recoop as well and isn't tuned for physical activity. It takes time.

If people try to work too hard without taking the right steps first they often become discouraged because they don't perform aswell.

For instance,

Guy walks into the gym and has never grappled but think he can kick everyones ass because he watched UFC 95-97. He is cocky as hell and lets his ego take over.... Dude gets thoroughly embarrased by EVERYONE and never comes back.

So here is someone who was interested in grappling but jumped too far too fast and completely discouraged himself.

Get my point?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 PM
sasquatch

Keep up the hard work, Dave.
Water will help you a lot with your workouts.
When you get more healthy and stronger you can get some fitness rings. There a lot of fun to train with.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 PM
xSubmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
I hear where you are coming from. Like you I am athletic I can eat cup cakes all day and still manage to go 3 rounds of MMA sparring.

Whn you spend your whole life eating anything you want too your body doesn't recoop as well and isn't tuned for physical activity. It takes time.

If people try to work too hard without taking the right steps first they often become discouraged because they don't perform aswell.

For instance,

Guy walks into the gym and has never grappled but think he can kick everyones ass because he watched UFC 95-97. He is cocky as hell and lets his ego take over.... Dude gets thoroughly embarrased by EVERYONE and never comes back.

So here is someone who was interested in grappling but jumped too far too fast and completely discouraged himself.

Get my point?
Hahaha..there is always someone on the mat with an ego.